Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock Nandroid Stuck On Boot

Tip us?

BaumerS4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] Stock Nandroid Stuck On Boot

So this has happened to my now twice when trying to revert back to stock...

Starting with a bone stock N5, I unlock the bootloader (I guess technically it was already unlocked the second time I had this problem), then push TWRP over via fastboot. At this point, I do a Nandroid of "stock" and save it. Then I flash PACman ROM and run with that for a bit, one time with the Elemental kernel, the other time with whatever kernel PAC comes with.

So in an attempt to go back to stock due to some LTE issues with PAC, I boot into TWRP, select restore, then choose my original "stock" nandroid. It restores fine as well as I can tell with TWRP, but when I go to boot it just gets stuck on the Google color splash screen (the dots coming together).

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here. I don't have any problem loading any of my PAC nandroids at this point to get back up and running, but I'd rather not have to go to my computer every time to push a factory image.
EVO 4G >> EVO 3D >> EVO 4G LTE >> NEXUS 5

ROM: PAC ROM 4.4.3 (with Hover) or some other Kit Kat goodness
Unlocked via a slight breeze

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,564
Make sure you have a good, known working nandroid....then try wiping first. System, data and the caches. NOT internal SD obviously. Then restore. If you have issues still, restore your known good nandroid.

That's worked for me in the past with restore issues.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

BaumerS4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Make sure you have a good, known working nandroid....then try wiping first. System, data and the caches. NOT internal SD obviously. Then restore. If you have issues still, restore your known good nandroid.

That's worked for me in the past with restore issues.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
How do I know if it's a good nandroid until I go to flash it and it doesn't work? Tried it again tonight after making sure to wipe everything in TWRP, but it got stuck on the colored dots splash screen again for a good 20+ minutes until I nandroid'd back to PAC. Do I need to be on a certain runtime?
EVO 4G >> EVO 3D >> EVO 4G LTE >> NEXUS 5

ROM: PAC ROM 4.4.3 (with Hover) or some other Kit Kat goodness
Unlocked via a slight breeze

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Make sure you've wiped everything in recovery (data/cache/dalvic)... Then format system.

Now try restoring the stock nandrioid backup and see if it works..

There's no way of knowing whether the backup is good or not. If it had some md5 issues, it would have been displayed on the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk