App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Stock Nexus 5 Bricked

14th June 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
so my phone bricked yesterday. completely stock and not rooted. anyone have any idea how or why this might have happened? everything was working ok and then out of nowhere it shut off and it does this all day now. already contacted google for the RMA and the support tech also had no clue what was happening. anyone else have this problem or know how to "fix" this?

i can't post the vid yet cause of the forum rules but i posted online and on the /r/nexus5 thread on reddit.
14th June 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 5,364

2,505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoBam

so my phone bricked yesterday. completely stock and not rooted. anyone have any idea how or why this might have happened? everything was working ok and then out of nowhere it shut off and it does this all day now. already contacted google for the RMA and the support tech also had no clue what was happening. anyone else have this problem or know how to "fix" this?

i can't post the vid yet cause of the forum rules but i posted online and on the /r/nexus5 thread on reddit.

Can you Start the bootloader ??

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Try this please ....

1. Plug phone into wall charger and hold power button down for 15 seconds.

2. Unplug phone.

3. Hold Volume up+Volume down+Power button for a couple of seconds till it boots back to the bootloader.

It may not do this at the first try so you might have to keep on holding just the Power button for a while and then doing step 3 again.

Try try again and hopefully you'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to jamal2367 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
i've tried those methods above multiple times. wish i could post the video because it looks like something that isn't normal. it goes into bootloader for a split second then just restarts. it's weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal2367

Can you Start the bootloader ??

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Try this please ....

1. Plug phone into wall charger and hold power button down for 15 seconds.

2. Unplug phone.

3. Hold Volume up+Volume down+Power button for a couple of seconds till it boots back to the bootloader.

It may not do this at the first try so you might have to keep on holding just the Power button for a while and then doing step 3 again.

Try try again and hopefully you'll be fine.

14th June 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Are you having the same problem?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ng-reboot.html
14th June 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
yup, that looks exactly what is happening. i can't get anywhere on the bootloader screen though. im just going to wait for the RMA. sigh.

[QUOTE=Rip95;53402524]Are you having the same problem?
15th June 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 169

799 posts
More
Do you have a stuck power button? That can create "endless bootloops"...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread