5,600,292 Members 36,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock nexus dialer on an aosp rom?

Tip us?

scottman0830
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock nexus dialer on an aosp rom?

I was wondering if it was possible to get the new Google dialer app that comes with the stock rom that includes the Google caller ID on custom roms?

I'm running the cm11 nightly with PA gapps and the aosp dialer doesn't include caller id. I've looked around and I know that there are system apks people pulled and zips people made but the few I've tried haven't worked perfectly like I hoped. Like one I found in a tutorial somewhere included a system apk so I put it in the system folder changed permissions and all that good stuff without getting rid of the dialer I already have so when I start the phone back up I disable the first one, but the one I installed only works half way; I can search nearby businesses in the search bar like it should, but when I try to place a call it just crashes out and the call is still in progress, meaning sound is still coming out of the earpiece speaker and I can still talk, but there is nothing on the screen so there is no way to put on speaker phone, dial numbers, end the call, etc. There must be something in the original dialer apk that is required that the one I downloaded doesn't have. So I re enabled the original dialer, now taking and placing calls work again, but there are two phone icons for the two different apks in the app drawer now. I lived with it for a while but then when I updated the cm11 rom to the newest nightly it reset everything so I'll have to redo it every time I upgrade so I was checking to see if anyone knows how to totally just replace the original dialer to the one with caller ID with it working perfectly and no two different phone icons in the drawer.

peachpuff
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526844
Captivate + cm7
HP Touchpad + cm9
SGS2 + cm9
Galaxy Nexus + CNA
LG Nexus 4 + AOKP
LG Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to peachpuff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottman0830
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for! I will test out immediately