5,600,571 Members 32,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Pulse Notification Behavior?

Tip us?

rbalfury
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Lightbulb Stock Pulse Notification Behavior?

Can someone please once and for all confirm what exactly makes the pulse notification light flash when running stock 4.4.2 that came with the N5?

I've searched all over an nobody seems to know for certain what conditions activate the light without the use of a 3rd party app.

Every Android device I've owned always had a notification led for Missed Calls, New Emails, New SMS, New MMS, New VM, Charging the battery etc.

I find it hard to believe that you need an app such as Light Flow to enable these standard features.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm considering RMA'ing it as I can't get it to work for the life of me.

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbalfury View Post
Can someone please once and for all confirm what exactly makes the pulse notification light flash...
Missed calls, new email, texts, and voicemail: yes (just white). Charging the battery: no.

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK46 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

alistairs1
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbalfury View Post
Can someone please once and for all confirm what exactly makes the pulse notification light flash when running stock 4.4.2 that came with the N5?
Make sure Settings->Display->Pulse notification light is checked, and that the Notifications you want are enabled in the individual app Settings (e.g. Gmail, Hangouts, etc). Also the light only pulses when display is off.
Nexus 5 Stock + Xposed, Nexus 7 LTE Stock

rbalfury
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks guys

I've already tried that among many other work arounds out there.

The only thing I could get to work is with text messages and even then sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Sent from my Nexus 5