Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock Recovery

Tip us?

APP-Maker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Phone [Q] Stock Recovery

Hi does anyone know where I can find the stock recovery for the nexus 5? I have not found him namely: (

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,760
There's a thread in general with a link to all recoveries including stock

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by APP-Maker View Post
Hi does anyone know where I can find the stock recovery for the nexus 5? I have not found him namely: (
Google recovery zip collection xda

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701

Scroll to method 2 and download the recovery

Charlular
Old
(Last edited by Charlular; 16th February 2014 at 12:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by APP-Maker View Post
If you go to Google's page for "Factory Images for Nexus Devices" then you can download a script which will install the official stock image, this will also give you the latest baseband (currently version M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 I think) but you should have that already if you ever did the official 4.4.1 or 4.4.2 stock OTA update, you can check your baseband version in fastboot.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlular View Post
If you Google's page for "Factory Images for Nexus Devices" then you can download a script which will install the official stock image, this will also give you the latest baseband (currently version M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 I think) but you should have that already if you ever did the official 4.4.1 or 4.4.2 stock OTA update, you can check your baseband version in fastboot. I'd link to the page I mentioned earlier but I can only link once I have made ten posts.
Dude, he's looking for the recovery not the whole factory image. One will wipe your whole device, the other won't. If you're looking for your 10 posts there's better ways to do it

Charlular
Old
(Last edited by Charlular; 16th February 2014 at 12:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Dude, he's looking for the recovery not the whole factory image. One will wipe your whole device, the other won't. If you're looking for your 10 posts there's better ways to do it
Well if they want the stock recovery then it's likely that they want stock Android too. They may also prefer to use an official script from Google or may have been unaware of the updated baseband and may want it, don't be angry at me for suggesting completely legitimate alternatives.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlular View Post
Well if they want the stock recovery then it's likely that they want stock Android too. He may also prefer to use an official script from Google or may have been unaware of the updated baseband and may want it, don't be angry at me for suggesting completely legitimate alternatives.
Not angry, just like to see productive ways to get a post count up. I'd suggest reading the pinned, stickies, threads in the general section to learn as much as you can about your device. Then ask questions there if you have any.