Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

[Q] Stock Recovery

15th February 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #1  
APP-Maker's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Suttgart
Thanks Meter: 160
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Hi does anyone know where I can find the stock recovery for the nexus 5? I have not found him namely: (
15th February 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #2  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,681
 
22,643 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
There's a thread in general with a link to all recoveries including stock

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
15th February 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #3  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,396
 
9,938 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by APP-Maker

Hi does anyone know where I can find the stock recovery for the nexus 5? I have not found him namely: (

Google recovery zip collection xda
15th February 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #4  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 193
 
798 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701

Scroll to method 2 and download the recovery
15th February 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #5  
Charlular's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by APP-Maker

Hi does anyone know where I can find the stock recovery for the nexus 5? I have not found him namely: (

If you go to Google's page for "Factory Images for Nexus Devices" then you can download a script which will install the official stock image, this will also give you the latest baseband (currently version M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 I think) but you should have that already if you ever did the official 4.4.1 or 4.4.2 stock OTA update, you can check your baseband version in fastboot.
Last edited by Charlular; 16th February 2014 at 12:21 AM.
15th February 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,396
 
9,938 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlular

If you Google's page for "Factory Images for Nexus Devices" then you can download a script which will install the official stock image, this will also give you the latest baseband (currently version M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 I think) but you should have that already if you ever did the official 4.4.1 or 4.4.2 stock OTA update, you can check your baseband version in fastboot. I'd link to the page I mentioned earlier but I can only link once I have made ten posts.

Dude, he's looking for the recovery not the whole factory image. One will wipe your whole device, the other won't. If you're looking for your 10 posts there's better ways to do it
15th February 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #7  
Charlular's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Dude, he's looking for the recovery not the whole factory image. One will wipe your whole device, the other won't. If you're looking for your 10 posts there's better ways to do it

Well if they want the stock recovery then it's likely that they want stock Android too. They may also prefer to use an official script from Google or may have been unaware of the updated baseband and may want it, don't be angry at me for suggesting completely legitimate alternatives.
Last edited by Charlular; 16th February 2014 at 12:32 AM.
16th February 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #8  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,396
 
9,938 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlular

Well if they want the stock recovery then it's likely that they want stock Android too. He may also prefer to use an official script from Google or may have been unaware of the updated baseband and may want it, don't be angry at me for suggesting completely legitimate alternatives.

Not angry, just like to see productive ways to get a post count up. I'd suggest reading the pinned, stickies, threads in the general section to learn as much as you can about your device. Then ask questions there if you have any.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank