Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Stock ROM with franco or CM11?

Tip us?

Longi94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q]Stock ROM with franco or CM11?

So I recently found out that franco kernel is no longer compatible with cyanogenmod 11. I would like to know which is more battery efficient. Having franco kernel with stock rom or cyanogenmod with the kernel that is shipped with it? Does anyone have experience in this?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20747
battery is all about how you personally use your device, how you set it up, what apps you use, and mostly the quality of your phone/data signal. using either cm kernel or franco kernel can give you great battery life or terrible battery life. any kernel will give you great battery life or terrible battery life.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longi94 View Post
So I recently found out that franco kernel is no longer compatible with cyanogenmod 11. I would like to know which is more battery efficient. Having franco kernel with stock rom or cyanogenmod with the kernel that is shipped with it? Does anyone have experience in this?
Both are good and have their (dis)advantages. No one can tell you whats best cause different users have different preferences and needs. Best is to try them out yourself and see what you like best.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Longi94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I am aware of that. I admit that I am quite the power user which mostly results in a pretty bad battery life. I just wanted to know which option has the better potential with the same amount of usage. I guess I'll experiment with it myself then

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longi94 View Post
I am aware of that. I admit that I am quite the power user which mostly results in a pretty bad battery life. I just wanted to know which option has the better potential with the same amount of usage. I guess I'll experiment with it myself then
im one of the heaviest users you will meet, yet i still see a minimum of 5h+ screen on time every day. set up your device right, and if you have a great signal you will have very hood battery life no matter what you use.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Combine rooted stock, Franco kernel and the Xposed framework plus it's various modules and you will get most of the Custom ROM features along with better battery life and stability. I'm very pleased with that combo.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Google Nexus 5 & 10: [4.4.4] rooted Stock, Franco kernel (on N5, on N10), TWRP, Xposed, GravityBox, SuperSU Pro and ViPER4Android Audio Effects FX