FORUMS

[Q] Stop music playing when connecting to bluetooth

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By thunderstorm654, Member on 12th August 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

Got a seriously annoying problem. Whenever my phone connects to bluetooth, which is usually in my car, it starts playing the last song I listened to by auto launching google play music and playing away. I don't know if I'm being blind but I can't find a setting to turn this off. Sometimes I might want to stream music in the car, but not automatically on connecting!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

16th June 2015, 04:18 PM |#2  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 504

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstorm654

Hi,

Got a seriously annoying problem. Whenever my phone connects to bluetooth, which is usually in my car, it starts playing the last song I listened to by auto launching google play music and playing away. I don't know if I'm being blind but I can't find a setting to turn this off. Sometimes I might want to stream music in the car, but not automatically on connecting!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sorry to jump on this ages old thread, but I'm wondering this same thing. Google Play Music is the culprit, just like you, and it's also when I connect my phone to my car's bluetooth and I don't want it to automatically play. I didn't find any options within the app itself.

I had this issue before and I used ROM Toolbox Pro to turn off one of the autostart receivers for this app and that seemed to work, but I cannot remember which one it was or even how it would've become enabled again in the first place.

EDIT: I think one reason for this is any songs that might be in 'queue' inside the app. Like if you were playing from a playlist or something. Wipe the songs out of the queue (should just be able to swipe them away) and I think that should work.

I'm still looking for a bluetooth receiver I might be able to disable to not have to worry about it.
Last edited by hayzooos; 16th June 2015 at 04:24 PM.
16th June 2015, 06:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,730

More
Interesting. I've always had to use third party options to MAKE the phone autostart music when connecting to bluetooth. As the above posts states there are no options in Play Music to turn this on or off. What ROM are you running? Is it possible your ROM, a third party app, or maybe even your head unit is causing this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread