FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Storage question

870 posts
Thanks Meter: 282
 
By bigbear6708, Senior Member on 6th February 2014, 10:25 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can anyone help? I have a 16 GB nexus 5 running slim kat. My phone reports to me that it has 3.9 GB free memory. Where has all the space gone? In es my sdcard is only about 3 GB. I only have about 30 apps. From what I understand I skiing have started with about 12gb... I feel I should have more space.. Is it telling me wrong.? Where did all the space go?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
 
6th February 2014, 10:32 AM |#2  
mariosraptor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Corfu
Thanks Meter: 654
 
Donate to Me
More
It depends on the apps. Can you put screen shots?
If you have games such as real racing or others they download a big change of data.
Also, check for Nandroid backups. Have just one and that put somewhere on your PC. Although restoring a nexus phone is easy as pie.

Sent from my Z30 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th February 2014, 12:13 PM |#3  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,815
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708

Can anyone help? I have a 16 GB nexus 5 running slim kat. My phone reports to me that it has 3.9 GB free memory. Where has all the space gone? In es my sdcard is only about 3 GB. I only have about 30 apps. From what I understand I skiing have started with about 12gb... I feel I should have more space.. Is it telling me wrong.? Where did all the space go?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Please read this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 02:13 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 282
 
More
Thanks. I'm still a little confused as to where all my space is going. Even after clean flash/factory reset I don't gain much storage back. Doesn't seem to be reporting properly..am I wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 02:38 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,093
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708

Thanks. I'm still a little confused as to where all my space is going. Even after clean flash/factory reset I don't gain much storage back. Doesn't seem to be reporting properly..am I wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

please read the above the thread rootsu posting. it has your answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zepius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 05:54 PM |#6  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,815
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepius

please read the above the thread rootsu posting. it has your answer.

Yep... can't have read it thoroughly

Pro tip... read the contents section. Any sound familiar?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 07:55 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 282
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Yep... can't have read it thoroughly

Pro tip... read the contents section. Any sound familiar?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yep, skimmed it on tapatalk, thought i saw everything. re hit it from the computer..becoming enlightened! that app discusage is extremely helpful. thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes