OP Lowresolution

19th May 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

150 posts
More
Hi Team ,
I am having this very weird problem since morning

" I was using the wifi at my brother`s place just fine for a few days now . This morning the internet went dead slow ( on all the devices ) so we reset the router and it started working fine. Now the network is being detected / connecting just fine on all the devices at home ( 1 galaxy tab ,S4, S3 , Note 3 ) but my Nexus 5 is not even detecting the network. I was on stock Rom with element kernel. i did the following

1-) Played around with all the wifi related settings
2-) Factory reset twice
3-) Flashed a few kernals ( including the stock one )
4-) Flashed Mahdi Rom
5-) Flashed Stock rom

But the problem is still there. My Nexus 5 is not even seeing the wifi network ( it was working fine since this morning ). Just to check around i also created a hotspot network on my laptop. All other devices are able to see that hot spot except for my Nexus

Also
As i am visiting my brother outside country , i do not know anyone else here where i can go and connect to a wifi network. Although the phone is seeing Near by wifi networks just fine. I also cannot check the router settings etc as my brother has lost the id/ pwd

I am getting out of ideas now , and also bombarded by the family on using a nexus instead of a galaxy phone ( not that i care )

Any help would he highly appreciated
19th May 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,526

2,291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowresolution

Hi Team ,
I am having this very weird problem since morning

" I was using the wifi at my brother`s place just fine for a few days now . This morning the internet went dead slow ( on all the devices ) so we reset the router and it started working fine. Now the network is being detected / connecting just fine on all the devices at home ( 1 galaxy tab ,S4, S3 , Note 3 ) but my Nexus 5 is not even detecting the network. I was on stock Rom with element kernel. i did the following

1-) Played around with all the wifi related settings
2-) Factory reset twice
3-) Flashed a few kernals ( including the stock one )
4-) Flashed Mahdi Rom
5-) Flashed Stock rom

But the problem is still there. My Nexus 5 is not even seeing the wifi network ( it was working fine since this morning ). Just to check around i also created a hotspot network on my laptop. All other devices are able to see that hot spot except for my Nexus

Also
As i am visiting my brother outside country , i do not know anyone else here where i can go and connect to a wifi network. Although the phone is seeing Near by wifi networks just fine. I also cannot check the router settings etc as my brother has lost the id/ pwd

I am getting out of ideas now , and also bombarded by the family on using a nexus instead of a galaxy phone ( not that i care )

Any help would he highly appreciated

Check if your wifi settings are on 5 ghz or 2,4 ghz only, check if your mac address is shown and try to flash franco kernel
19th May 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

150 posts
More
Tried both the 5ghz and 2.4 ghz frequencies but to no avail. I can see the mac address , flashed the latest franco kernel but situation is still the same .

Edit :
Just got the problem resolved . Apparently the phone does not have a sim installed ( i am out of country ) . I just inserted a local sim in and things are back to normal

Very strange problem. Is there any explanation to this ?
Last edited by Lowresolution; 19th May 2014 at 04:50 PM.
19th May 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowresolution

Tried both the 5ghz and 2.4 ghz frequencies but to no avail. I can see the mac address , flashed the latest franco kernel but situation is still the same .

Edit :
Just got the problem resolved . Apparently the phone does not have a sim installed ( i am out of country ) . I just inserted a local sim in and things are back to normal

Very strange problem. Is there any explanation to this ?

Whenever i take the sim out the phone is unable to detect my wifi ?? . I dont felt like buying a sim just for this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread