Post Reply

Stuck at boot after enabling ART

12th June 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
I am on stock 4.4.3. I enabled ART, and then it powered down to reboot, now Im stuck at the nexus boot logo. I know ART takes some time to boot, but its been an hour plus now. Seems like Im stuck, is it possible to switch to dalvik through adb? Or will I be stuck reflashing stock image? BTW, I cant get into recovery, I get the dead android logo only aand cant vol up into it
Last edited by cojomojo; 12th June 2014 at 03:36 AM.
12th June 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,591
 
25,966 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojomojo

I am on stock 4.4.3. I enabled ART, and then it powered down to reboot, now Im stuck at the nexus boot logo. I know ART takes some time to boot, but its been an hour plus now. Seems like Im stuck, is it possible to switch to dalvik through adb? Or will I be stuck reflashing stock image? BTW, I cant get into recovery, I get the dead android logo

can always factory reset as well. what rom? are you using xposed?
12th June 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #3  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,393
 
9,928 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
At the dead android, just use vol up

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
12th June 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

can always factory reset as well. what rom? are you using xposed?

I was stock. but now i remember that when i was restoring apps with Titanium Backup that it installed Xposed, hence my issue. I just flashed 4.4.3 factory image for other reasons as well.
12th June 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

At the dead android, just use vol up

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I was pressing vol up and it wouldnt let me into the recovery. Not sure why, but i ended up flashing factory images. thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank