Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in boot loop and don't know what to do

Tip us?

Ruki_Uki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Question [Q] Stuck in boot loop and don't know what to do

First off, yes I have done my research before posting and having found anything helpful.

So here's my issue, my phone randomly restarted and now is stuck in a boot loop. Not too sure what to do. Im not familiar with ADB. How can I go into recovery and access my stuff in my phone because I have a bunch of pics and videos id like to keep before I just flash a new ROM? I know I can do a backup, But I dont have enough space on my phone to do one. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

jd1639
Old
(Last edited by jd1639; 16th June 2014 at 01:32 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki_Uki View Post
First off, yes I have done my research before posting and having found anything helpful.

So here's my issue, my phone randomly restarted and now is stuck in a boot loop. Not too sure what to do. Im not familiar with ADB. How can I go into recovery and access my stuff in my phone because I have a bunch of pics and videos id like to keep before I just flash a new ROM? I know I can do a backup, But I dont have enough space on my phone to do one. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
By now have you learned anything about adb? You must know how to get into recovery. I'm not sure by your info if you have a custom recovery or if you're stock? Hell man you're a senior member so must have learned something along the way

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Dawnut
Old
(Last edited by Dawnut; 16th June 2014 at 07:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki_Uki View Post

First of all, try booting into recovery.Then wipe your cache and reboot. If the bootloop isn't gone, then I see no other option but to try and dirty flash your rom again.Try the cache method and write back so I can send you a guide.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10653
[info] Storage: Nexus 5 Data (info / loss / recovery / prevention)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1595
Are you on custom recovery? If so do you have a previous backup or any rom zips on your storage? If so dirty flash the rom zip or restore system only of a backup and you won't lose data