Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swiping The Music App From The Recent Tasks Stops Playback

Tip us?

ZCochrane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Since the functionality is not consistent I imagine there is a bug in there somewhere. Also, when you swipe away and the notification remains if you check your running apps at that time it shows GPM as "Restarting", so there is unnecessary CPU time being used during what should be a simple process of closing an app.
Yeah, both the notification's icon inconsistent behaviour and the (mis)handling of onTaskRemoved make me think shenanigans.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,406
@ZCochrane http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...3-fix-t2830732
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

ZCochrane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ooh, cool! Thanks for pointing me to that thread man, much appreciated.
Sadly the module itself doesn't really change the behaviour of swiping Play Music from recents on my phone. Even though the author says "Or start music with Google Play Music, then clear from recents app and music will be stopped. This is abnormal behavior.", that's weird.

But it's always nice to know someone's on it!

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCochrane View Post
Ooh, cool! Thanks for pointing me to that thread man, much appreciated.
Sadly the module itself doesn't really change the behaviour of swiping Play Music from recents on my phone. Even though the author says "Or start music with Google Play Music, then clear from recents app and music will be stopped. This is abnormal behavior.", that's weird.

But it's always nice to know someone's on it!
Yeah, maybe there'll be a full fix for it eventually
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]