XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone switch from a Note 2?

Tip us?

Vandam500
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 263
Default Anyone switch from a Note 2?

I'm thinking on doing the switch. How are/have you been handling it? Especially the big difference in battery life and no S-pen?

Thanks!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone: One M8

Previous Phones: Nexus One | Evo 4G | G2 | Nexus S | Sensation 4G | Epic 4G Touch | Note 2 | Note 3
Follow me on Twitter: @Vandam500

Moose0704
Old
Thanks Meter 2711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandam500 View Post
I'm thinking on doing the switch. How are/have you been handling it? Especially the big difference in battery life and no S-pen?

Thanks!!!!

So absolutely worth it not just for the phone but for the Dev support that is backing it, my wife and I as well as a friend of mine all switched to the Nexus 5 and have not looked back!! you will not be disappointed!

And if you make the switch check out my ROM HERE

The Following User Says Thank You to Moose0704 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabre31
Old
Thanks Meter 87
I switched from note 3 and previously had a note 2. Dev work is nice but you will miss battery and screen big time. After 2 weeks of using the phone you get accustomed to the screen size but battery life is not anything close to a note 2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to sabre31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicecuber
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
I went from note 2 to s4 to Nexus 5. Wish I went with note 3 instead of n5. Now I'm waiting on the s5 release next year
The Following User Says Thank You to dicecuber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rikudo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandam500 View Post

Thanks!!!!

I came from a Note 2 and definitely recommend the Nexus 5.

Screen:
The smaller screen takes some getting used to, everything seemed small at first but now I prefer the Nexus screen. The Nexus screen is crisper, brighter and more accurate color wise, no inkly OLED blacks though. The auto brightness on the Note 2 was too conservative and washed out in direct sunlight. The Nexus auto-brightness has a better range.

Battery:
About 20% shorter on the Nexus compared to the Note. I still easily last the full day with solid use, wifi, gps, bluetooth enabled. Wireless charging is very convenient

S-Pen:
I never used the S-pen much so I don't miss it. Although the S-pen was technically impressive, it was always held back by poor software implementation.

Speaker:
Lacking on the Nexus. The 4.4.2 update helped but I miss the Note 2's ear shattering speaker

Speed:
Holy crap, the Nexus is smooth like butter compared to the Note. The Note 2 was no lightweight but the Nexus is a quantum leap forward in speed.

Kit Kat doesn't take long to get used to. Better multitasking, no Samsung bloatware, fast updates. Nexus can't be beat. Google now is surprisingly awesome.

Misc:
Bluetooth and Wifi connect faster. The Nexus will feel incredibly light compared to the Note 2. Gorilla Glass 3 has higher scratch resistance than the Notes Gorilla Glass 2. Soft touch finish feels luxurious compared to the Note's slippery scratch prone poly-carbonate.
The Following User Says Thank You to rikudo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vandam500
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 263
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Much appreciated

Current Phone: One M8

Previous Phones: Nexus One | Evo 4G | G2 | Nexus S | Sensation 4G | Epic 4G Touch | Note 2 | Note 3
Follow me on Twitter: @Vandam500