T-Mobile connectivity

OP treIII

23rd April 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 440

2,209 posts
How in the heck can I get this phone to connect to LTE and stay connected? Sometimes it will connect then when I make a call it won't reconnect no matter what I try. They have sent me two different phones. Same problem. I have changed the Sim card also. Is there an app that will help that won't run the battery down real fast? They say the tower is fine but I think it isn't. When I do connect I get 20 down 9 up or so. Thanks to anyone who may help. And yes I've googled it. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
23rd April 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,842

26,233 posts
it could just be your local area. im in nyc, and on tmo, and am on lte 100% of the time. when you make phonecalls, it will switch from lte to 3G/H, as its supposed to, because the lte doesnt support voice. and while theres data flowing over your network, it wont switch back to lte until the data stops flowing. and no, no app will help you.
23rd April 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag Detroit, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 162

570 posts
More
Are you using a custom ROM? If so check your APN sometimes it'll default to metro PCs LTE

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
23rd April 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 420

883 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII

How in the heck can I get this phone to connect to LTE and stay connected? Sometimes it will connect then when I make a call it won't reconnect no matter what I try. They have sent me two different phones. Same problem. I have changed the Sim card also. Is there an app that will help that won't run the battery down real fast? They say the tower is fine but I think it isn't. When I do connect I get 20 down 9 up or so. Thanks to anyone who may help. And yes I've googled it. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

during calls, it'll drop off LTE and go to 3G

after the call, it should go back to LTE (if your signal has no problems) ...

not sure if you are complaining about the no-LTE-reconnect-after-call problem or no-LTE-during-call problem
24th April 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 440

2,209 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage

during calls, it'll drop off LTE and go to 3G

after the call, it should go back to LTE (if your signal has no problems) ...

not sure if you are complaining about the no-LTE-reconnect-after-call problem or no-LTE-during-call problem

I'm speaking that when I'm in a LTE area that my phone won't connect at all. It will sometimes if I pull the Sim card and reinsert it. But tmobiles engineers say the tower is operating properly. Between myself and my son we have had 4 nexus 5's. Whenever I'm by the other tower in town with LTE phone works great. fallback to hspa and then reconnecting to lte works flawless when connected to the other tower. But they say there is no tower issue and sent me another phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread