MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

T-mobile data blocked after renewing monthly data plan

OP yuugotserved

5th January 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Did anyone else get this recently? I renewed my plan and today my data was blocked... I was redirected to the T-mobile upsell page saying that I do not have a data plan but I jsut renewed the $30 prepaid plan with 5GB of 4G Data and 100 Mins. I noticed that this happened to several people during November-December.

I called their tech supported and they didn't really provide me with a solution so they escalated the problem.

A few people got their issue resolved but never posted an actual solution so I am guessing that there is some glitch in their system...
5th January 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #2  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 503
 
1,515 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugotserved

Did anyone else get this recently? I renewed my plan and today my data was blocked... I was redirected to the T-mobile upsell page saying that I do not have a data plan but I jsut renewed the $30 prepaid plan with 5GB of 4G Data and 100 Mins. I noticed that this happened to several people during November-December.

I called their tech supported and they didn't really provide me with a solution so they escalated the problem.

A few people got their issue resolved but never posted an actual solution so I am guessing that there is some glitch in their system...

Hearsay but I've seen here that it can take several hours for a payment to result in full service restoration.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #3  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,422
 
26,733 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
happened to me once, i called tmobile and they fixed it.
5th January 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
thank you guys so much for the replies. i feel reassured now

lets hope they dont take a week to fix because i can't live without XDA for a day!!!

btw @simms22, how long did it take for them to restore your data service? i hope it doesn't take a week. they escalated my ticket and i am hoping for them to call me back tomorrow
5th January 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #5  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,422
 
26,733 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugotserved

thank you guys so much for the replies. i feel reassured now

lets hope they dont take a week to fix because i can't live without XDA for a day!!!

btw @simms22, how long did it take for them to restore your data service? i hope it doesn't take a week. they escalated my ticket and i am hoping for them to call me back tomorrow

10-15 minutes. they ended up cancelling my plan then added my plan back.
5th January 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

10-15 minutes. they ended up cancelling my plan then added my plan back.

interesting.. for me, when i renewed my plan, the data was supposed to be set back to 0GB but it still showing the data usage from last month (~2GB). If the tech support does call me back tomorrow I will ask them to cancel my data plan (or entire plan) and reinstate it.

another weird thing is that since I renewed my plan, my funds stayed the same. I had ~$34 a few days ago so I added a $100 prepaid card to my account last night. it should have deducted $30 today but it's still showing ~$134 in my account
5th January 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #7  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 503
 
1,515 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugotserved

interesting.. for me, when i renewed my plan, the data was supposed to be set back to 0GB but it still showing the data usage from last month (~2GB). If the tech support does call me back tomorrow I will ask them to cancel my data plan (or entire plan) and reinstate it.

another weird thing is that since I renewed my plan, my funds stayed the same. I had ~$34 a few days ago so I added a $100 prepaid card to my account last night. it should have deducted $30 today but it's still showing ~$134 in my account

THIS might be the problem. Later tonight if nothing has changed online, try to re-up again. TMO CSR's can return your money if you unlikely end up with 2 payments.
5th January 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1

THIS might be the problem. Later tonight if nothing has changed online, try to re-up again. TMO CSR's can return your money if you unlikely end up with 2 payments.

thank you! will try later tonight and report if anything changes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes