XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-mobile data blocked after renewing monthly data plan

Tip us?

yuugotserved
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default T-mobile data blocked after renewing monthly data plan

Did anyone else get this recently? I renewed my plan and today my data was blocked... I was redirected to the T-mobile upsell page saying that I do not have a data plan but I jsut renewed the $30 prepaid plan with 5GB of 4G Data and 100 Mins. I noticed that this happened to several people during November-December.

I called their tech supported and they didn't really provide me with a solution so they escalated the problem.

A few people got their issue resolved but never posted an actual solution so I am guessing that there is some glitch in their system...
»Phone« T-Mobile Galaxy SIII (SGT-T999)
»ROM« Stock
»Kernel« Stock
»Rooted« Yes!
»Baseband« T999UVLH2
»Build Number« IMM76D.T999UVALH2
»Recovery« CMR 6.0.1.2
»Case« Diztronic Black TPU

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugotserved View Post
Did anyone else get this recently? I renewed my plan and today my data was blocked... I was redirected to the T-mobile upsell page saying that I do not have a data plan but I jsut renewed the $30 prepaid plan with 5GB of 4G Data and 100 Mins. I noticed that this happened to several people during November-December.

I called their tech supported and they didn't really provide me with a solution so they escalated the problem.

A few people got their issue resolved but never posted an actual solution so I am guessing that there is some glitch in their system...
Hearsay but I've seen here that it can take several hours for a payment to result in full service restoration.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18083
happened to me once, i called tmobile and they fixed it.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

yuugotserved
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
thank you guys so much for the replies. i feel reassured now

lets hope they dont take a week to fix because i can't live without XDA for a day!!!

btw @simms22, how long did it take for them to restore your data service? i hope it doesn't take a week. they escalated my ticket and i am hoping for them to call me back tomorrow
»ROM« Stock
»Kernel« Stock
»Rooted« Yes!
»Baseband« T999UVLH2
»Recovery« CMR 6.0.1.2

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18083
Quote:
thank you guys so much for the replies. i feel reassured now

lets hope they dont take a week to fix because i can't live without XDA for a day!!!

btw @simms22, how long did it take for them to restore your data service? i hope it doesn't take a week. they escalated my ticket and i am hoping for them to call me back tomorrow
10-15 minutes. they ended up cancelling my plan then added my plan back.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

yuugotserved
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
10-15 minutes. they ended up cancelling my plan then added my plan back.
interesting.. for me, when i renewed my plan, the data was supposed to be set back to 0GB but it still showing the data usage from last month (~2GB). If the tech support does call me back tomorrow I will ask them to cancel my data plan (or entire plan) and reinstate it.

another weird thing is that since I renewed my plan, my funds stayed the same. I had ~$34 a few days ago so I added a $100 prepaid card to my account last night. it should have deducted $30 today but it's still showing ~$134 in my account
»ROM« Stock
»Kernel« Stock
»Rooted« Yes!
»Baseband« T999UVLH2
»Recovery« CMR 6.0.1.2

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
interesting.. for me, when i renewed my plan, the data was supposed to be set back to 0GB but it still showing the data usage from last month (~2GB). If the tech support does call me back tomorrow I will ask them to cancel my data plan (or entire plan) and reinstate it.

another weird thing is that since I renewed my plan, my funds stayed the same. I had ~$34 a few days ago so I added a $100 prepaid card to my account last night. it should have deducted $30 today but it's still showing ~$134 in my account
THIS might be the problem. Later tonight if nothing has changed online, try to re-up again. TMO CSR's can return your money if you unlikely end up with 2 payments.
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5

yuugotserved
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1 View Post
THIS might be the problem. Later tonight if nothing has changed online, try to re-up again. TMO CSR's can return your money if you unlikely end up with 2 payments.
thank you! will try later tonight and report if anything changes.
»ROM« Stock
»Kernel« Stock
»Rooted« Yes!
»Baseband« T999UVLH2
»Recovery« CMR 6.0.1.2