No registration required

T-Mobile LTE Issue

OP markdapimp

12th January 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 328

1,283 posts
More
I have a LG Nexus 5 and i have a strong LTE signal in my area along side HSPA+ if i make a Phone call LTE drops and HSPA is activated while the phone call is over it goes back to LTE in 20 seconds or so.

However if i use data while on HSPA+ mode it seems it wont handoff to LTE seamlessly
Like if you're on Verizon using 3g streaming consistently (not pandora something consistent downloading/upload like tunein radio) it would secretly bump you back to 4G LTE without any problems and stream would continue without even you noticing

T-Mobile however on the other hand doesn't until you stop the data usage and then it bumps back up to LTE
test it out download Tunein radio and stream a station make sure you're on HSPA+/HSPA then while streaming go to a location with like full or best LTE signal. (I went to the mall and drove right under the tower and phone still insists HSPA+)

not sure whats going on here? the Network not telling the phone to handoff? or some internal network issue or an issue with my nexus 5

by the way i am stock android 4.4.2 no root or recovery or whatever

So my question is is there a way to fix this? or is this something i need to email John Legere about?
16th January 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 8

69 posts
More
I have similar issues but for Verizon losing eVDO and going to LTE is probably because EHRPD is making the switch more seamless. However, when my phone switches from HSPA to LTE I drop down to GPRS for a few seconds.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread