FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

T-Mobile for nexus 5

532 posts
Thanks Meter: 82
 
By havy15, Senior Member on 19th December 2013, 05:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ok so i plan on getting the $30 tmobile plan on the nexus 5 but that 100 minute thing is going to kill me. what can i do as an alternative?
 
 
19th December 2013, 05:53 PM |#2  
dashrendar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Akron
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by havy15

Ok so i plan on getting the $30 tmobile plan on the nexus 5 but that 100 minute thing is going to kill me. what can i do as an alternative?

As an alternative you can.... not get it.
19th December 2013, 05:58 PM |#3  
overlord727's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia, MD
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
buy 40$ refills since minutes after 100 are 10c per min. Then whatever you dont use is carried over. I usually use 34$ a month.
19th December 2013, 06:01 PM |#4  
Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by havy15

Ok so i plan on getting the $30 tmobile plan on the nexus 5 but that 100 minute thing is going to kill me. what can i do as an alternative?

I assume this is a non-contract plan? Do they have more that are non-contract? T-Mobile, in my opinion, has royally screwed its customers. By not allowing customers to upgrade their phones the old way (getting a phone for next to nothing when the customers signs a new 2 year agreement). And their customer service, in my opinion (again) used to be amazing. It has gone to complete crap.

I left them, in contract, so I was happy to pay the 200$ early termination fee to get rid of them.

Doesn't TMobile now have non-contract plans for every new customer? I am not too familiar with them now, since I switched, but I thought this was the case?

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord727

buy 40$ refills since minutes after 100 are 10c per min. Then whatever you dont use is carried over. I usually use 34$ a month.

Ahh I fellow Maryland-er, in the same city as me... Good deal.
19th December 2013, 06:02 PM |#5  
havy15's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteelx

I assume this is a non-contract plan? Do they have more that are non-contract? T-Mobile, in my opinion, has royally screwed its customers. By not allowing customers to upgrade their phones the old way (getting a phone for next to nothing when the customers signs a new 2 year agreement). And their customer service, in my opinion (again) used to be amazing. It has gone to complete crap.

I left them, in contract, so I was happy to pay the 200$ early termination fee to get rid of them.

Doesn't TMobile now have non-contract plans for every new customer? I am not too familiar with them now, since I switched, but I thought this was the case?

yeah its non contract now. and since they bought out metro they have increased their coverage. which i live in Cali so i heard its good reception.
19th December 2013, 06:02 PM |#6  
havy15's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord727

buy 40$ refills since minutes after 100 are 10c per min. Then whatever you dont use is carried over. I usually use 34$ a month.

i heard there are apps you can use though but i tried googling they said google voice, but some say it doesn't work.
19th December 2013, 07:14 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag las vegas
Thanks Meter: 194
 
More
umm
Quote:
Originally Posted by havy15

Ok so i plan on getting the $30 tmobile plan on the nexus 5 but that 100 minute thing is going to kill me. what can i do as an alternative?

Maybe not go with that plan?
19th December 2013, 08:07 PM |#8  
Letitride's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Metro NY/NE Region
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by havy15

Ok so i plan on getting the $30 tmobile plan on the nexus 5 but that 100 minute thing is going to kill me. what can i do as an alternative?

There are other choices - might I kindly suggest that you "skim" thru this thread with extensive info & how-to's, etc. - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...476995&page=82 (yes, I know & understand that, like most, "we" all hate to read to try to understand how things work .. )

You did NOT indicate what your data needs or usage pattern are - but if you plan to use the Nexus 5 for lots of mobile air minutes to talk, there are unlimited plans for that. Priced accordingly & competitively, they do vary & might / might not have good coverage for your location.

There is Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, and the Walmart plan ... Lately, Target has its own exclusive "Brightspot" plans. Like here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2511152&page=3

Or, do as I say & listen to what I do - leave a reserve fund (like a credit line) for excess minute charges to be deducted once you go over & yes, T-Mo will SMS alert you and you can do short codes to check your account status.

The "Search" button here on XDA - it does miracle finds, usually & often - use it. Have a nice day !
Last edited by Letitride; 19th December 2013 at 08:12 PM.
19th December 2013, 08:11 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 465
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteelx

I assume this is a non-contract plan? Do they have more that are non-contract? T-Mobile, in my opinion, has royally screwed its customers. By not allowing customers to upgrade their phones the old way (getting a phone for next to nothing when the customers signs a new 2 year agreement). And their customer service, in my opinion (again) used to be amazing. It has gone to complete crap.

I left them, in contract, so I was happy to pay the 200$ early termination fee to get rid of them.

Doesn't TMobile now have non-contract plans for every new customer? I am not too familiar with them now, since I switched, but I thought this was the case?

all (new) plans from tmobile are non-contract

Tmobile basically separated the phone subsidy with the phone line.

(I don't know the exact numbers, but someone can chime in)
Before, you would be paying $130{?} for 2 lines on t-mobile. now, you'll be paying $80 for 2 lines. You can CHOOSE to finance two Samsung Galaxy S4 phones @ $25/month for 24 months with $0 down, which gives you a monthly fee of $130, similar to before... but the extra $25 a month stops exactly after 24 months. you just can also choose not to take the "free" phone...

As you said, you aren't happy with what T-mobile is doing, then go back to the other 3 carriers (which do the same contract thing. though at&t finally follow t-mobile and added a off-contract $15 discount)... I'm happy with what T-mobile is doing...
19th December 2013, 08:14 PM |#10  
Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage

all (new) plans from tmobile are non-contract

Tmobile basically separated the phone subsidy with the phone line.

(I don't know the exact numbers, but someone can chime in)
Before, you would be paying $130{?} for 2 lines on t-mobile. now, you'll be paying $80 for 2 lines. You can CHOOSE to finance two Samsung Galaxy S4 phones @ $25/month for 24 months with $0 down, which gives you a monthly fee of $130, similar to before... but the extra $25 a month stops exactly after 24 months. you just can also choose not to take the "free" phone...

As you said, you aren't happy with what T-mobile is doing, then go back to the other 3 carriers (which do the same contract thing)... I'm happy with what T-mobile is doing...

Yeah, I am on another carrier now.

Who would finance a phone? That's asinine. I mean if you have to do it, you have to do it, but that doesn't make sense to me.

For me, I was with T-Mobile for 7+ years. I felt as though I got screwed. It may be good for new customers, but not previous customers. It was a big slap in the face for long time customers.
19th December 2013, 08:16 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 465
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteelx

Yeah, I am on another carrier now.

Who would finance a phone? That's asinine. I mean if you have to do it, you have to do it, but that doesn't make sense to me.

For me, I was with T-Mobile for 7+ years. I felt as though I got screwed. It may be good for new customers, but not previous customers. It was a big slap in the face for long time customers.

and you are just playing into the trap that AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/{T-mobile} have been playing for the past 10x years.... let the customers get "free" phones every 2 years, but hide the cost within the phone line


now, it's separate... it's the same price as before, just that customers can choose to finance a phone, or not finance a phone(and save $25/month). if you can't see that you have better choices, then sorry, AT&T/Verizon/Sprint would love you. you are the customer that they want



if you had a grandfathered plan, t-mobile would actually give you a better deal(than new customers), to entice you to switch

http://slickdeals.net/f/6340984-head...ing-eliminated
Last edited by paperWastage; 19th December 2013 at 08:20 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes