5,594,077 Members 46,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile for nexus 5

Tip us?

paperWastage
Old
(Last edited by paperWastage; 19th December 2013 at 08:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteelx View Post
Yeah, I am on another carrier now.

Who would finance a phone? That's asinine. I mean if you have to do it, you have to do it, but that doesn't make sense to me.

For me, I was with T-Mobile for 7+ years. I felt as though I got screwed. It may be good for new customers, but not previous customers. It was a big slap in the face for long time customers.
and you are just playing into the trap that AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/{T-mobile} have been playing for the past 10x years.... let the customers get "free" phones every 2 years, but hide the cost within the phone line

now, it's separate... it's the same price as before, just that customers can choose to finance a phone, or not finance a phone(and save $25/month). if you can't see that you have better choices, then sorry, AT&T/Verizon/Sprint would love you. you are the customer that they want

if you had a grandfathered plan, t-mobile would actually give you a better deal(than new customers), to entice you to switch

http://slickdeals.net/f/6340984-head...ing-eliminated
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel

gsteelx
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage View Post
and you are just playing into the trap that AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/{T-mobile} have been playing for the past 10x years.... let the customers get "free" phones every 2 years, but hide the cost within the phone line

now, it's separate... it's the same price as before, just that customers can choose to finance a phone, or not finance a phone(and save $25/month). if you can't see that you have better choices, then sorry, AT&T/Verizon/Sprint would love you

if you had a grandfathered plan, t-mobile would actually give you a better deal(than new customers), to entice you to switch

http://slickdeals.net/f/6340984-head...ing-eliminated
You could be right, but I am happy with that way of doing business... No worries.

havy15
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
yeah im on verizon now and its just ridiculous .
Sent from a Ice Cold Nexus

Devices:
HTC Thunderbolt-backup phone
ROM:LiquidSmooth
Kernel:Stock
Bootloader:Unlocked

Iphone 5-Dust collector

S3-
ROM: Beans 14
Kernel:KT747
Bootloader:Unlocked
SOLD!!!

lchiu7
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'm not going to read the T-Mobile$30 plan thread since I have a working solution.

But for my daughter I set her up with a Callcentric number, Google Voice and Google Voice Callback (available in the Amazon app store) and now she receives and makes all calls over IP.

I find the quality ok when I talk to her though occasionally there are voice delays when I'm using internet calling also.