T-Mobile nexus 5

OP Ramone360

10th February 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 135

484 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

I believe you will still be able to utilize T-Mobile's insurance. Its not like its an At&t or Sprint specific phone then it would be understandable why T-Mobile won't cover it. T-Mobile sells the very same phone as the one on the Play Store so it shouldn't be an issue.

Note: If you do decide to buy the Nexus 5 from the Play Store then you'll be covered under a manufacturers warranty. Its not exactly the same as T-Mobile's insurance but it will cover any software and/or hardware defects (minus a cracked screen or water damage).

sent from my neXus 5

I don't think you can get the insurance if you didn't purchase it from them. I have T-Mobile and I wasn't given that option.
10th February 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #12  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 314

2,015 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoreaper

I don't think you can get the insurance if you didn't purchase it from them. I have T-Mobile and I wasn't given that option.

In the past, when I was with T-Mobile I used to always get phones off of Craigslist and I would sometimes send them to T-Mobile for a warranty exchange. As far as I know the insurance is transferable from device to device. Of course it won't be if you have an At&t branded device but if T-Mobile has the device in their lineup then I don't see why they wouldn't honor it and give you another one if you pay monthly for their insurance service.

sent from my neXus 5
10th February 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 383

1,736 posts
That's correct, the insurance is attached to the line, not the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread