Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

T-Mobile Nexus 5 vs Google Play

OP adriangb

27th February 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

123 posts
I've owned a Google Play white model for a couple months and recently acquired a T-Mobile Nexus 4 (black). GP is a 301k and T-Mobile a 401K. Both are 16GB. I'm going to sell one of them. Assuming I can sell both for the same price, is there any reason I should choose one over the other? Things I'm concerned about
1) Length of the Warranty left (purchase date difference is about 4 months).
2) GP warranty on T-Mobile phone (I.e. do I get a GP warranty just like with a regular Nexus?)
3) 401K vs 301
4) Any other differences in the device or service I'm unaware of.
27th February 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 328

1,283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriangb

I've owned a Google Play white model for a couple months and recently acquired a T-Mobile Nexus 4 (black). GP is a 301k and T-Mobile a 401K. Both are 16GB. I'm going to sell one of them. Assuming I can sell both for the same price, is there any reason I should choose one over the other? Things I'm concerned about
1) Length of the Warranty left (purchase date difference is about 4 months).
2) GP warranty on T-Mobile phone (I.e. do I get a GP warranty just like with a regular Nexus?)
3) 401K vs 301
4) Any other differences in the device or service I'm unaware of.

Yes

Keep the 401k

Both are the same software/hardware wise

You have warranty from T-mobile and Google Play and LG
27th February 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
So, if I where to have any problems with the T-Mobile Nexus 5, I can just phone up Google Play and get it exchanged/whatever? And I get additional warranty from T-Mobile? Even if it's not under service (prepaid)?
27th February 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,139 posts
More
Quote:

So, if I where to have any problems with the T-Mobile Nexus 5, I can just phone up Google Play and get it exchanged/whatever? And I get additional warranty from T-Mobile? Even if it's not under service (prepaid)?

No you can't. You can only call Google if you bought the phone from Google. (You can call them either way, you just can't get a replacement). You HAVE to go through Tmobile or LG if you buy it outside of the play store.
27th February 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
But the Google Play warranty is actually handled by LG, is it any different? I.e. is the coverage the same?
27th February 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,452

4,239 posts
More
Quote:

But the Google Play warranty is actually handled by LG, is it any different? I.e. is the coverage the same?

The coverage is the same, If you buy from Play store, google will entertain you or else you need to visit a LG service centre...

However, people claim (in other thread) that google doesn't care whether the device is rooted or not when you RMA your device!
27th February 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #7  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,139 posts
More
Quote:

I'll put it this way. If you don't mind refurbished phones and waiting a couple weeks, that's what LG does. Google will ship you a brand new phone overnight and you have to send your old one back. That's the difference. They coverage is technically the same, but the process is different. Tmobile does the same thing as LG, except usually overnights it (refurb).
27th February 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
Hmm ok that answers the question, I'll be keeping my white Google Play device.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread