XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile LET Question

Tip us?

ILowry282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default T-Mobile LET Question

I have a nexus 5 and just recently got LTE coverage in my area. I know that LTE is data only so when I make a call it drops LTE coverage and I get HSPA+. However the issue that I am having is that after I hang up the call it stays on HSPA rather than go back to LTE. It has taken anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours to regain LTE coverage after making a call. On my girlfriends iPhone on AT&T after making a call her phone regains LTE coverage immediately. Is this normal for T-Mobile ?

95Z28
Old
Thanks Meter 235
I would say it's not normal. I'm on T-Mobile and my N5 goes from HSPA back to LTE almost immediately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

craigbailey1986
Old
Thanks Meter 286
I am having the same issue. I called T-Mobile last night they are going to replace my unit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cirkustanz
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
I have a nexus 5 and just recently got LTE coverage in my area. I know that LTE is data only so when I make a call it drops LTE coverage and I get HSPA+. However the issue that I am having is that after I hang up the call it stays on HSPA rather than go back to LTE. It has taken anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours to regain LTE coverage after making a call. On my girlfriends iPhone on AT&T after making a call her phone regains LTE coverage immediately. Is this normal for T-Mobile ?
Does toggling data off then back on fix it? I've never experienced this myself, but I fully recognize that I don't really ever care to know if I'm on hspa or lte, (or even 3g for that matter) and very rarely do I even have the notification bar open to even know if I do. But I suspect it might. I also suspect that if this is indeed an issue, that exchanging your phone won't change anything.

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 877
Dude T mobile sucks arse unless you live like directly under a tower. At least in the northwest CT their service is complete garbage. By Tmob. Hello ATT
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus

Cirkustanz
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ View Post
Dude T mobile sucks arse unless you live like directly under a tower. At least in the northwest CT their service is complete garbage. By Tmob. Hello ATT
PS You're advertising for the wrong cellular company in your profile. It still says you're on Verizon. :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Cirkustanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 877
Sorry, lol. I really don't have a computer. Just browser on tapatalk lol. Can't edit it from that and I haven't updated my profile since the day I got my N5 and that was only my signature

But in all reality T-Mobile is garbage. They talk the talk but are far from walking the walk. Taking my N5 to ATT for a month lol.
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Dude stop generalizing... Been on tmo for a month and a half now in NYC, surrounding environs, SC, CT and coverage has been good. Not great when you're further away from a major city but to say they're complete garbage is very misleading.

sent from my hammerhead

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here

ILowry282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I live outside of Sacramento and T-Mobile coverage is great here. I get 10-15mpbs on HSPA+. 20-30mbps on LTE.