5,597,313 Members 36,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile Visual Voicemail Incompatible?

Tip us?

BirchBarlow
Old
(Last edited by BirchBarlow; 11th December 2013 at 04:14 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Default [Q] T-Mobile Visual Voicemail Incompatible?

So earlier today I switched to the T-Mobile $30/month prepaid plan and ported my number from AT&T. The voice and data are both working just fine. I'm just having one small problem, that being T-Mobile Visual Voicemail. I want to install T-Mobile Visual Voicemail so I don't have to use up minutes calling the voicemail system, however when I navigate to T-Mobile Visual Voicemail in the Google Play Store, it says "This app is incompatible with your device." Why does it say its incompatible? I checked under my Google Play Account, it has my device listed as T-Mobile, and I tried signing out and signing back in on my phone just in case but to no avail. Are other Nexus owners having this problem? Could it be that T-Mobile Visual Voicemail is incompatible with Android 4.4.2 (I just received the update this afternoon)? I noticed on GP that a new version of T-Mobile VV was released just today, so I would think it would have support for the latest version of Android. Does anyone have any ideas? If anyone else has had this problem have you figured out a way around it? Thanks a lot for your help.

jbdan
Old
Thanks Meter 472
Tmobile is saying they haven't updated the app yet to be compatible with KK. However, if you search around on this forum the apk is available and works swell. GL!

NX5
"The mind set on the Spirit is life and peace" <><
The Following User Says Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wizard7926
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Weird, I've had VVM on my Nexus 5 ever since I got it, and it's always worked.. can't remember if I installed it from Play or from Helium, though.

Shinyhead
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Here is the link for the VM apk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541207
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinyhead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Letitride
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Use the above post's link to download the APK and transfer to the Nexus 5, then use ES File Explorer (or similar) to install - and you should be good.
Google Nexus 5 - 4.4.2 !! *rooted* stock - x 2 in black & white: T-Mo 4G
Asus 2012 Nexus 7 32GB WiFi, 4.4.2 *rooted* stock
HTC Incredible 2 x 2, unlocked S-OFF CWM 5.x HB.97 (6.13.1002) SR's Zeus R1.3, Sense v5.0.m-e4: AT&T/T-Mo
Viewsonic Vpad7-CWM 5.x EUv1.7b ITE Rom 2.2.2 hw107, A2SD, 3G+WiFi
HTC Droid Eris-GB 2.3.5 CM7 V.24RIP-Vanila-ICS, WiFi only (2.42.02.10.29)
HTC Ozone (unlocked GSM+CDMA) 3VO ROM: WinMo 6.5: CMHK/CN+
Sony E. W995 CID53Red, R1HA036 generic, C905 custpack
The Following User Says Thank You to Letitride For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BirchBarlow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhead View Post
Thanks, I just sideloaded it and it works perfectly. I don't know why they're blocking it on Google Play. I don't think the one Rykochet put on Dropbox is even the latest version and yet it works. Come on T-Mobile, get your act together, I dumped AT&T for you.

movielover76
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Default Weird

I installed it directly from Google play and it's worked fine since the first day I got my nexus.
I'm not rooted and haven't sideloaded anything.
Nexus 5 (Personal)
Stock
HTC First (Work)
Stock, Rooted
Retired Phones: AT&T Galaxy S4, Nexus 4, AT&T Galaxy S II,GSM Galaxy Nexus,HTC Rezound, Thunderbolt, Captivate, Focus (WP7), Blackberry Torch, iPhone3GS

AceKingNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I downloaded it from Google Play the first day i got the phone. Two weeks later i rooted it and by then it was blocked on Play. I just downloaded the APK right on to the phone and opened it. The phone asked me if I wanted to install, said yes and it's been fine ever since