Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Tamper Reset- Cracked No Touch Screen

OP MAXGEN

16th May 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

54 posts
I'm trying to reset the tamper flag but I can't select install and package in TWRP. This is what I'm trying to install, Nexus BootUnlocker script, its for tamper reset package. I been able to install factory ROM through adb and clear all my data. I just don't know how to install a package in TWRP through command line if possible? Is there another way? I can't touch and select anything, its not happening. I sort of see whats on the screen.
16th May 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,452

4,239 posts
More
I don't know about TWRP but if you use Philz/CWM... You can navigate to the flashable zip via volume/power keys and flash it!
16th May 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

I don't know about TWRP but if you use Philz/CWM... You can navigate to the flashable zip via volume/power keys and flash it!

CWM non touch version worked. Used the buttons b/c I just see enough to make out the options on screen. That worked for me. Thanks.
16th May 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 186

752 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXGEN

I'm trying to reset the tamper flag but I can't select install and package in TWRP. This is what I'm trying to install, Nexus BootUnlocker script, its for tamper reset package. I been able to install factory ROM through adb and clear all my data. I just don't know how to install a package in TWRP through command line if possible? Is there another way? I can't touch and select anything, its not happening. I sort of see whats on the screen.

I assume you're planning on RMA'ing the phone and that's why you want to reset the tamper flag. If the issue has nothing to do with rooting of the phone ie a hardware issue, then Google won't refuse a warranty repair because of the tamper flag. I've yet to hear of anyone being refused service due to rooting. I think Google pretty much expects these phones to be rooted.

I had no problems with RMA (loose charge port). I unrooted and factory reset mine but did not reset the tamper flag.
17th May 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 373

1,522 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61

I assume you're planning on RMA'ing the phone and that's why you want to reset the tamper flag. If the issue has nothing to do with rooting of the phone ie a hardware issue, then Google won't refuse a warranty repair because of the tamper flag. I've yet to hear of anyone being refused service due to rooting. I think Google pretty much expects these phones to be rooted.

I had no problems with RMA (loose charge port). I unrooted and factory reset mine but did not reset the tamper flag.

Since he has a cracked screen we can assume he's sending it to LG for a screen replacement and not to Google RMA.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread