Tap & Pay in Australia

27th May 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
I went to Woolworths today to test out Tap & Pay. I went up and tapped my phone, just as I would my Visa card, and it failed. No failure notification, the PayWave logo just disappeared from the terminal and it told me to swipe or insert. My Visa card was setup on my Google Wallet successfully. Has anyone else had issues with Tap & Pay in Australia, or worldwide?
27th May 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #2  

15 posts
More
Yeah I tried at Coles. Not only did it not work with Google wallet, it froze my Westpac account because they thought I was making an international transaction.
27th May 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brisbane

5 posts
More
Tap & Pay
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinmomo

Yeah I tried at Coles. Not only did it not work with Google wallet, it froze my Westpac account because they thought I was making an international transaction.

I'm not sure if this works with the Nexus 5, but the Westpac app in the Play store supports their own flavour of Tap & Pay. It's worth a try I guess.

I'm with Suncorp though and I can't see a solution on the horizon any time soon.
6th June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #4  

15 posts
More
Westpac comes up in the "Tap & Pay" section of settings and I can put the widget on my homescreen, but this is as far as I get. :thumbdown:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402095003114.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	2784674  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread