Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tap & Pay in Australia

Tip us?

cnlsn1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Tap & Pay in Australia

I went to Woolworths today to test out Tap & Pay. I went up and tapped my phone, just as I would my Visa card, and it failed. No failure notification, the PayWave logo just disappeared from the terminal and it told me to swipe or insert. My Visa card was setup on my Google Wallet successfully. Has anyone else had issues with Tap & Pay in Australia, or worldwide?

franklinmomo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah I tried at Coles. Not only did it not work with Google wallet, it froze my Westpac account because they thought I was making an international transaction.

cnlsn1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Tap & Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinmomo View Post
Yeah I tried at Coles. Not only did it not work with Google wallet, it froze my Westpac account because they thought I was making an international transaction.
I'm not sure if this works with the Nexus 5, but the Westpac app in the Play store supports their own flavour of Tap & Pay. It's worth a try I guess.

I'm with Suncorp though and I can't see a solution on the horizon any time soon.

franklinmomo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Westpac comes up in the "Tap & Pay" section of settings and I can put the widget on my homescreen, but this is as far as I get. :thumbdown:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402095003114.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	2784674