Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] tap and pay

Tip us?
 
cdog1213
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Default [Q] tap and pay

I got my nexus 5 and was exited to use Google wallet. I set it up went to a vending machine with tap and pay support. I tap my phone to it put my pin in and the transaction fails. It could just be that specific machine isn't working but it does take a normal debit card fine. I would love for this to work.
Negalite bluerom HTC Evo 3D-retired
Cm 11 on nexus 5 woo
 
svnoln
Old
#2  
svnoln's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 367
Posts: 1,726
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog1213 View Post
I got my nexus 5 and was exited to use Google wallet. I set it up went to a vending machine with tap and pay support. I tap my phone to it put my pin in and the transaction fails. It could just be that specific machine isn't working but it does take a normal debit card fine. I would love for this to work.
It's kind of hit or miss at this point. I think it depends on whether the POS equipment is working properly.

NEXUS 1 EVERVOLV KK444 XPOSED TWRP
NEXUS 5 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

 
 
cdog1213
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Ok I'll try it at the mall tomorrow and see what happens.
Negalite bluerom HTC Evo 3D-retired
Cm 11 on nexus 5 woo
 
Zepius
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1077
Posts: 2,846
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog1213 View Post
Ok I'll try it at the mall tomorrow and see what happens.
mcdonalds almost always has theirs working if that helps you any
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep
 
cdog1213
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepius View Post
mcdonalds almost always has theirs working if that helps you any
Sadly I'm vegetarian and eat organic so I would have to buy something for someone else. I'll try if somewhere else doesn't work.
Negalite bluerom HTC Evo 3D-retired
Cm 11 on nexus 5 woo
 
jyouri
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 59
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog1213 View Post
I got my nexus 5 and was exited to use Google wallet. I set it up went to a vending machine with tap and pay support. I tap my phone to it put my pin in and the transaction fails. It could just be that specific machine isn't working but it does take a normal debit card fine. I would love for this to work.
Happens to me all the time. After you put your pin tap and pay again and the transaction will go through. Alternatively you can open the app and put the pin then tap and pay. from my experience it seems like you have to pass the pin screen for the transaction to go through.
The Following User Says Thank You to jyouri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cdog1213
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyouri View Post
Happens to me all the time. After you put your pin tap and pay again and the transaction will go through. Alternatively you can open the app and put the pin then tap and pay. from my experience it seems like you have to pass the pin screen for the transaction to go through.
I'll try putting the pin in first thanks for the help everyone.
Negalite bluerom HTC Evo 3D-retired
Cm 11 on nexus 5 woo
 
svnoln
Old
#8  
svnoln's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 367
Posts: 1,726
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyouri View Post
Happens to me all the time. After you put your pin tap and pay again and the transaction will go through. Alternatively you can open the app and put the pin then tap and pay. from my experience it seems like you have to pass the pin screen for the transaction to go through.
True, same thing happened to me.

NEXUS 1 EVERVOLV KK444 XPOSED TWRP
NEXUS 5 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more

BrightNotes Makes Cloud Notes Simple and Easy

There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more