XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] no more teather to PC?!

Tip us?

spodie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Default [Q] no more teather to PC?!

Hi, I have been teathering for along while with my note 3 and nexus 5 , using IE, and chrome explorer on PC, Now I can only teather to my nexus 7 and all I get now is an option to upgrage page ON my PC... How can they detect the computer and not the nexus 7, does not matter what ROM I use as its all the same, did I abuse my powers by sucking way too much data?

Sent from my Nexus 7 wearing a pimp hat 👑

lart2150
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by spodie View Post
Hi, I have been teathering for along while with my note 3 and nexus 5 , using IE, and chrome explorer on PC, Now I can only teather to my nexus 7 and all I get now is an option to upgrage page ON my PC... How can they detect the computer and not the nexus 7, does not matter what ROM I use as its all the same, did I abuse my powers by sucking way too much data?

Sent from my Nexus 7 wearing a pimp hat 👑
are you trying to teather with out a teathering plan? You should upgrade your plan but you might be able to work around it with a ssh proxy, a vpn, or something else that encrypts all of the teathered traffic. My guess is they are using user agent data.

spodie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
I have unlimited data with 2.5 gb teather free... It used to work fine then just stopped.. I installed a VPN on my phone.. But I don't know much about it.. I can go to Google and front home screens but I can not connect to links... On my nexus 7 I can do what I want.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

markdapimp
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by spodie View Post
I have unlimited data with 2.5 gb teather free... It used to work fine then just stopped.. I installed a VPN on my phone.. But I don't know much about it.. I can go to Google and front home screens but I can not connect to links... On my nexus 7 I can do what I want.

T-Mobile has User agent detection, Download PDAnet on your PC and Phone and on your PC for PDANet select level 1 hide tethering

That is a non root solution

The nexus 7 is still considered as a mobile device so it can connect no problems as it appears to them as your phone as they cannot differentiate between android devices phone/tablet Computers they can

Check your useragent here: http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

Computer: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.102 Safari/537.36
Phone: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; Nexus 5 Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.99 Mobile Safari/537.36

See the difference?

spodie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Oooh.... I see... Thank you, it all makes since now. Thank you VeRy much for taking the time to help me.
Cheers™