Testing out T-Mobile

OP AndrasLOHF

1st February 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 793

1,503 posts
More
I just got my SIM today and am ready to give T-Mobile a try. I still have my contract with Sprint so I'm a little unsure how to get this set up so that I can really try the network. I assume since my Sprint account is active I cannot port my number to T-Mobile. So how exactly would I go about testing the network for the phone side of things. Data I can test myself anytime. I don't want to have everyone I know change their contact info for me for it only to last a month or less if I don't like T-Mobile. I have Google Voice and have the Google Voice number as my current number. Will I get texts/voicemails through the app for my Sprint number? Can I port the number later if I want or do I have to get another SIM to do that?
1st February 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

167 posts
When I was testing out T Mobile I set my sprint number as my Google Voice number. Sprint is the only carrier that I know that allows my mobile number to be my Google Voice number. You could test it out this way and then switch back. The only downside that I had was mms. Your sprint phone will be able to handle it but the T Mobile one won't.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to laestrella For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 66

146 posts
Activate the t-mobile sim with a new # and use your sprint # as your Google voice number, like the guy above said . When someone calls or texts your sprint # you can have it ring to the t-mobile #. Then if you want to keep t-mobile you can port your # over at any time, just make sure the Sprint line is still active when you port

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to edd247 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 793

1,503 posts
More
Okay so I got the SIM in, went online and set up an account, put money on the plan,.... got no signal???? Can't reach anyone through their chat either and this is the only phone in the house

Edit: Contacted T-Mobile with the Sprint SIM and had them refresh everything on the T-Mobile SIM. Everything works after that.
Last edited by AndrasLOHF; 2nd February 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread