5,597,647 Members 33,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tethering/Hotspot Background Data

Tip us?
 
PhilipTD
Old
#1  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348
Posts: 1,676
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Default Tethering/Hotspot Background Data

What is this exactly?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389617413721.jpg
Views:	2181
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	2512761  

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK46 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

 
 
akmsr
Old
#2  
akmsr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 89
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
What is this exactly?
thats the amount of data passed through to your tethered devices.
nexus 5 stock 4.4.2
metropcs 60$ unlimited everything plan
The Following User Says Thank You to akmsr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PhilipTD
Old
#3  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348
Posts: 1,676
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmsr View Post
thats the amount of data passed through to your tethered devices.
Is it possible that I used over a gig of data when I tethered my N7 and surfed the web for 2 hours?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389640095506.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	2513440  

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK46 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

 
 
akmsr
Old
#4  
akmsr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 89
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
Is it possible that I used over a gig of data when I tethered my N7 and surfed the web for 2 hours?
that sounds fantastic. but there are couple of things to consider.
hi-def video/audio streaming on N7
that particular date, you had to adjust the graph manually to select it. its not very precise like starts at midnight-ends at 11.59 PM etc.
if you tether your other computers and they stream (online gaming)
i hope you have your hotspot password protected so no ones leeching off your connection.


for example i sometimes watch youtube videos on my laptop. last night i was watching this documentary at 720p. it was 1.3GB in size
nexus 5 stock 4.4.2
metropcs 60$ unlimited everything plan
The Following User Says Thank You to akmsr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PhilipTD
Old
#5  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348
Posts: 1,676
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmsr View Post
that sounds fantastic. but there are couple of things to consider.
hi-def video/audio streaming on N7
that particular date, you had to adjust the graph manually to select it. its not very precise like starts at midnight-ends at 11.59 PM etc.
if you tether your other computers and they stream (online gaming)
i hope you have your hotspot password protected so no ones leeching off your connection.


for example i sometimes watch youtube videos on my laptop. last night i was watching this documentary at 720p. it was 1.3GB in size
Now that I think about it, I did watch an hour-long episode of a show on Netflix. Must be it. Thanks

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK46 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes