Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tethering / hotspot not working on stock 4.4.2

Tip us?

boxcar8028
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default Tethering / hotspot not working on stock 4.4.2

Tethering and portable hotspot does not work with my stock 4.4.2. It would just error and gray out. But the odd thing is that tethering works find with bluetooth and when i install a custom rom like cyanogenmod 11 the hotspot would works just find. I google this problem and it seems to be common but I can't seem to fine any answers to this. Any help is most appreciated.

PsychDrummer
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar8028 View Post
Tethering and portable hotspot does not work with my stock 4.4.2. It would just error and gray out. But the odd thing is that tethering works find with bluetooth and when i install a custom rom like cyanogenmod 11 the hotspot would works just find. I google this problem and it seems to be common but I can't seem to fine any answers to this. Any help is most appreciated.
What provider are you on and does your plan support it? I feel as though it shouldn't grey it out, but just not work if your plan does not support it. I'm on 4.4.2 and T-Mobile and I have no trouble with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsychDrummer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boxcar8028
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer View Post
What provider are you on and does your plan support it? I feel as though it shouldn't grey it out, but just not work if your plan does not support it. I'm on 4.4.2 and T-Mobile and I have no trouble with it.
Thanks for your reply. I'm also with T-Mobile and my account is in good order and my plan does support tethering. I think its something with my settings in stock 4.4.2. Im hoping that 4.4.3 will fix it because I really like stock Kit Kat.

Akoolive
Old
Thanks Meter 50
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48740167

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Akoolive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]