Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more
Post Reply

Thermal throttle threshold for nexus 5?

OP shohag2018

8th July 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #1  
shohag2018's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
I was wondering if anyone knew what the default thermal throttle threshold for nexus 5 is.. Also how far is it safe to push?
8th July 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,865
 
26,265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shohag2018

I was wondering if anyone knew what the default thermal throttle threshold for nexus 5 is.. Also how far is it safe to push?

its either 100 or 105C(I believe 105C). how safe? I've hit it hundreds of times, on purpose.
8th July 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #3  
shohag2018's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

its either 100 or 105C(I believe 105C). how safe? I've hit it hundreds of times, on purpose.

Are you sure its not in the 60s? Coz in stock my cpu benches were lower than nexus 4.once i flashed a custom kernel with 70degrees threshold my cpu bench went up there with the note 3..
8th July 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #4  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,865
 
26,265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shohag2018

Are you sure its not in the 60s? Coz in stock my cpu benches were lower than nexus 4.once i flashed a custom kernel with 70degrees threshold my cpu bench went up there with the note 3..

ah, I misunderstood your question. I gave you the thermal shutdown temp. default is 65C, when it starts throttling.
8th July 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #5  
shohag2018's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

ah, I misunderstood your question. I gave you the thermal shutdown temp. default is 65C, when it starts throttling.

Thanks 65 is the digit i was seeking.
btw what kernel were you using when you were trying to hit the thermal "shutdown" temp?
Last edited by shohag2018; 8th July 2014 at 09:08 AM.
8th July 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #6  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,063
 
3,475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shohag2018

Thanks 65 is the digit i was seeking.
btw what kernel were you using when you were trying to hit the thermal "shutdown" temp?

We use Trinity and usually have thermal throttle off
8th July 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #7  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,865
 
26,265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shohag2018

Thanks 65 is the digit i was seeking.
btw what kernel were you using when you were trying to hit the thermal "shutdown" temp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

We use Trinity and usually have thermal throttle off

right
and there's no trying, its fairly easy to hit the shutdown temp(especially with 90F+ temps in my area currently).
8th July 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #8  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,063
 
3,475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

right
and there's no trying, its fairly easy to hit the shutdown temp(especially with 90F+ temps in my area currently).

Harder if you keep thermal throttle on, which most people do

Silly northern hemisphere, it's Winter here in Australia My CPU temp goes down to 20C without artificial cooling lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank