Thinking about coming to the Nexus 5... Few questions..

Search This thread

mroneeyedboh

Feb 14, 2008
Hey guys,
Im thinking about coming to the Nexus5. I was going to go to the MotoX but the size turned me off. Im now coming from my old Razr Maxx. What I was wondering is that I had an older Nexus and the radio sUCKED! I always dropped calls, no 4g etc. Samsung made that one. Hows the radio with it now? Battery life?

I see here its only 399 ( https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_32GB_Black?id=nexus_5_black_32gb ) Thats a good deal IMO... Any input would be appreciated.

Also, hows the camera?

pr4wn3r

Jun 20, 2012
Hey guys,
Im thinking about coming to the Nexus5. I was going to go to the MotoX but the size turned me off. Im now coming from my old Razr Maxx. What I was wondering is that I had an older Nexus and the radio sUCKED! I always dropped calls, no 4g etc. Samsung made that one. Hows the radio with it now? Battery life?

I see here its only 399 ( https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_32GB_Black?id=nexus_5_black_32gb ) Thats a good deal IMO... Any input would be appreciated.

Also, hows the camera?

i have to say i love it!but that might or might not be the same for you!only chance to find out is trying it!
also,if you google nexus 5, i am sure you will find a ton of reviews, explaining everything!

from my CM11 powered Nexus5

Beauenheim

Sep 12, 2012
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
The Radios aren't as good as the Note 3, from personal experience here in Boise, but they're almost as good.

I don't get dropped calls.

Just found out there is no option for Verizon FAIL

Yeah, Verizon doesn't like unlockable or easily tampered devices.

Also, the Moto X is very cheap at the moment, it's a fantastic device. A little small yes, but it's not bad at all.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Just found out there is no option for Verizon FAIL

But there is a Moto X for Verizon! I have both, the N5 and the Moto X, and I prefer the Moto X. I still think it is the best phone currently available. You'll get used to the smaller screen, and it will become very convenient over time. 4.7" is perfect for one handed use, and it's made even better with how well the Moto X fits the hand. It also runs near bone stock Android, save for a few very useful and well implemented features.

Edit: I would also like to add that the Moto X's radios are bulletproof.

Last edited: