Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

first thread/nexus 5

Tip us?

shhbz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by amongmyselves View Post
well, do i have to put any files so i can reboot in recovery mode?it stuck when i boot on recovery
well go to sticky thread on how to root and stuff in general section and most important create a backup of efs before trying anything so the first thing after getting recovery in get efs and keep it safe in ur pc

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
When you first root your device you *WILL* lose all your data on your sd partition.
No, unlocking the bootloader is what wipes. You can unlock the bootloader but not flash a recovery nor root. Just as there are methods to root without unlocking the bootloader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.