Time issue after rooting

Tip us?

liam_lost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Time issue after rooting

Hi,

I've tried searching for this but no luck. After I root my Nexus 5 the time on it is not showing correctly unless I set it manually but if I do this some apps Lync won't work because the time is not right. Is there a fix for this or is just a collateral effect of the rooting process?

Thanks in advance.

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Did you reboot? There's no way that rooting should mess the time up

sent from my hammerhead

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here

liam_lost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldubs View Post
Did you reboot? There's no way that rooting should mess the time up

sent from my hammerhead
Yes I've rebooted several times, if I check the option for automatic time it sets the clock to 3:07 AM (just tested). It was working fine before the root.

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Hmm this makes no sense. Again there's no way that rooting a phone should mess up the time. I would almost say do a factory reset but hold off to see if Anyone else has any ideas

sent from my hammerhead

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here

liam_lost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldubs View Post
Hmm this makes no sense. Again there's no way that rooting a phone should mess up the time. I would almost say do a factory reset but hold off to see if Anyone else has any ideas

sent from my hammerhead
Yeah, it doesnt make any sense. Well I think I will unroot and see if that fixes it.

Thanks anyway.

liam_lost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I unroot and locked bootloader. After reboot clock still shows 4 hrs less so I turned it off and remove the SIM card reboot and put the SIM back in and it was fixed. So I thought it was only an issue with the SIM so I re-root and did the same with the SIM but this time didn't work so apparently the root or the unlocking of the bootloader is causing that problem with the clock. Hope you can help me.

stevemw
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I really hate to ask this but s your timezone set correctly in Settings, Date & time?
Qualcomm QPC-800 (1997), Motorola v60 (2003), hp iPaq 3600, 3800, 3970, hx4700 (2000-2006), Motorola RAZR (2005), Samsung X820 (2006), T-Mobile Dash [htc S620] (2007), Nokia E71x (2009), Nokia N900 (2010), Motorola Atrix 4G (2011), Google Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 (2012), Nexus 5, Nexus 7 FHD (2013)

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7391
Are you sure your network sets the time anyway? Many don't.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.