5,605,120 Members 37,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tmobile network signal not so good?

Tip us?
 
aooga
Old
#11  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 2,292
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
They still give it out.. under certain environments for example we have 5 lines and 3 are iPhones and 2 are Nexus 5's
all of them are incapable of wifi calling. so they had to just give one to us..

I also kissed ass to them saying that i love t-mobile but i just wished i had service inside.
the rep transferred me to a lady named Donna, i kissed her ass too and got it shipped 1 day overnight express Lol

overall just be kind and kiss ass
None of mime are WiFi calling capable. I'll call again, but I've also heard from others that they don't five them out anymore. Is it LTE or HSPA?
 
markdapimp
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 1,199
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplred View Post
Awesome!

Ill call them in a bit, i didnt know they still had those either!
1)Remember call in state that you have service near your window but you cannot be at a window every time to make a call
2) ask if you quality for a signal booster and when they say if you have any connected walls or shared walls something inbetween those lines state no
3)They're going to do some troubleshooting if you have edge in or 1bar of 4g or LTE TURN ON Airplane mode they're actually going to ping the device state on the mobile network (testing to see if you're a lier)

Tips: Kiss ass, complement things like i love t-mobile etc, be patient and have a nice happy voice, call using another phone NOT on t-mobile..

i hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
None of mime are WiFi calling capable. I'll call again, but I've also heard from others that they don't five them out anymore. Is it LTE or HSPA?
It supports EDGE/HSPA and t-mobile newly refarmed 1900pcs HSPA

its pretty future proof as HSPA will be here long. besides HSPA is what makes the calls not LTE
better to have some data and calls than no calls and data at all..
it also conserves battery life as the signal is strong and your device wont have to search for signals
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One
 
xplred
Old
#13  
xplred's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 34
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
3)They're going to do some troubleshooting if you have edge in or 1bar of 4g or LTE TURN ON Airplane mode they're actually going to ping the device state on the mobile network (testing to see if you're a lier)[COLOR="Silver"]
You said to TURN ON airplane mode when i call them?

Sweet talking is the only way you can get free stuff usually.

I see you have a backup tmobile phone... Does it get the same reception in the house as your N5 does?
 
wideasleep1
Old
(Last edited by wideasleep1; 26th January 2014 at 07:37 PM.)
#14  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 363
Posts: 1,228
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplred View Post
You said to TURN ON airplane mode when i call them?

Sweet talking is the only way you can get free stuff usually.

I see you have a backup tmobile phone... Does it get the same reception in the house as your N5 does?
Yeah,, you have to be valuable to TMO to get this (ala multiple postpaid lines). The last case I saw here was months ago, and he went all the way to retention before they sent him a cel-fi. Regular CSR's may not have the option on their system.

WRT, HSPA+, use phoneinfo app (market) to toggle GSM-only/LTE settings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...honeinfo&hl=en
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5
 
markdapimp
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 1,199
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1 View Post
Yeah,, you have to be valuable to TMO to get this (ala multiple postpaid lines). The last case I saw here was months ago, and he went all the way to retention before they sent him a cel-fi. Regular CSR's may not have the option on their system.

WRT, HSPA+, use phoneinfo app (market) to toggle GSM-only/LTE settings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...honeinfo&hl=en
Was he a single line or more than 1 line before being sent to customer retention
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One
 
wideasleep1
Old
(Last edited by wideasleep1; 26th January 2014 at 08:00 PM.)
#16  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 363
Posts: 1,228
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
Was he a single line or more than 1 line before being sent to customer retention
IIRC (from Nexus 4 forum), he had two lines, was over $120/mo, and had played CSR roulette trying for a cel-fi. After he said he wanted to cancel (he TRULY had poor coverage at home) and got a hold of retention, he was able to eek one out. Most fora say their cel-fi supply has been drained, however, based on user reports.

The main reason I was following this was for a business client of mine. He's 'last mile' internet, despite dead fiber running down his street less than 20 feet away. He currently pays over $400/mo for ISDN 1.5 synchronous 2yr/contract. Yet, I get over 40MBPS at his location on TMO, outdoors, but drop to near nothing inside his metal buildings. I'm unable to convince him TMO is capable of business-critical uptime, but I think a cel-fi in his window could go a long way towards convincing him.
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more