Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

[Q] Tmobile & Nexus 5

OP SwiftLeeO

21st February 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

108 posts
More
So I currently have Verizon. I saw that T-Mobile has a way to get me out of my contract (pay my ETF). However, I've heard that T-Mobile isn't that good, so I've come here to ask anyone who has T-Mobile and the Nexus 5... How is their service? How is the phone? Is it worth switching to T-Mobile for the Nexus 5 vs keeping my Verizon Moto X.
21st February 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,836

26,221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftLeeO

So I currently have Verizon. I saw that T-Mobile has a way to get me out of my contract (pay my ETF). However, I've heard that T-Mobile isn't that good, so I've come here to ask anyone who has T-Mobile and the Nexus 5... How is their service? How is the phone? Is it worth switching to T-Mobile for the Nexus 5 vs keeping my Verizon Moto X.

if youre in a city, or around one, tmobile is awesome. if you live in the country, its a different story. service is great here in nyc, the fastest lte speeds from any provider here. its much less expensive than verizon, and completely unlimited high speed data speeds. oh, and the nexus 5 is awesome
21st February 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 383

1,736 posts
T-Mobile is great in the city, but kind of sucks in the country.
EDIT: Oh well, I was a little late.
21st February 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

if youre in a city, or around one, tmobile is awesome. if you live in the country, its a different story. service is great here in nyc, the fastest lte speeds from any provider here. its much less expensive than verizon, and completely unlimited high speed data speeds. oh, and the nexus 5 is awesome

I live in more of a suburb type thing. I'm in florida but on the coverage map around where I am, it doesn't drop below Good so I'm thinking I might do it tommorow.

I'm definitely not in the country. I'm about an hour away from Tampa so use that as a general location.
21st February 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #5  

1,736 posts
Quote:

...Service is great here in nyc, the fastest lte speeds from any provider here...

I've been getting on average about 18 Mbps here in Midtown. Is that faster than the others?
Last edited by PhilipTD; 21st February 2014 at 12:34 AM.
21st February 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

26,221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

I've been getting on average about 18 Mbps here in Midtown. Is that faster than the others?

i get around 28-32mbps download/14-20mbps upload in southern brooklyn(manhattan beach/sheepshead bay), and just a little less on download speed where i work in rego park, queens.

edit.. and this is from today http://androidcommunity.com/t-mobile...rall-20140220/
21st February 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #7  

1,736 posts
Quote:

i get around 28-32mbps download/14-20mbps upload in southern brooklyn(manhattan beach/sheepshead bay), and just a little less on download speed where i work in rego park, queens...

That's a lot faster than what I get. Did you change anything on the phone?
21st February 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

26,221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

That's a lot faster than what I get. Did you change anything on the phone?

no, not at all. the nexus 5 is, btw, the only phone ive had that ive not changed anything to do with the radio and data speed. i bet its just less people using the network around me than around you.
21st February 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #9  

1,736 posts
Quote:

... i bet its just less people using the network around me than around you.

Yeah, that makes sense.
21st February 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

108 posts
More
You guys wouldn't happen to have any clue as to the trade-in credit would you? I have a VZW GS4 and a Moto X Dev to trade for T-Mobile for the "get out of my contract" thing, and I can most likely get $0 down on the Nexus', but I want to put forward atleast $200 on each phone in advance with the trade in credit. I mean these phones are not even a month old, and they are in mint condition so could anyone knowledgeable give me a rough estimate of what I should expect? it goes up to $300 apparently, and I should get that or over $200 for the Galaxy, but even if I only get 200 for the moto, I'd still be happy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread