Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 40,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it possible to find out channel bandwidth of LTE connection.

Tip us?

movielover76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Cloud Search [Q] Is it possible to find out channel bandwidth of LTE connection.

On my old S4 with one of the network apps I found it would tell me how many Mhz of spectrum the LTE signal I was connected to was using on the downlink.

For instance 10Mhz on the 10X10 AT&T network.

I found a similiar sounding app on the play store called Nexus 5 field test, it gives me information on the LTE connection but not the amount of Mhz being utilized.

Is it possible to get this information with a Nexus 5? I've since switched to T-mobile and I know they use different sizes depending on how much frequency they have in that area. For instance 5x5,10x10 and now with MetroPCS spectrum they are starting to deploy 15x15 or 20x20.

It's not a big deal, I get great speeds on T-mobile, I'm just curious, if anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nexus 5 (Personal)
Stock
HTC First (Work)
Stock, Rooted
Retired Phones: AT&T Galaxy S4, Nexus 4, AT&T Galaxy S II,GSM Galaxy Nexus,HTC Rezound, Thunderbolt, Captivate, Focus (WP7), Blackberry Torch, iPhone3GS

quattro527
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by movielover76 View Post
On my old S4 with one of the network apps I found it would tell me how many Mhz of spectrum the LTE signal I was connected to was using on the downlink.

For instance 10Mhz on the 10X10 AT&T network.

I found a similiar sounding app on the play store called Nexus 5 field test, it gives me information on the LTE connection but not the amount of Mhz being utilized.

Is it possible to get this information with a Nexus 5? I've since switched to T-mobile and I know they use different sizes depending on how much frequency they have in that area. For instance 5x5,10x10 and now with MetroPCS spectrum they are starting to deploy 15x15 or 20x20.

It's not a big deal, I get great speeds on T-mobile, I'm just curious, if anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bump on the same question. I can't seem to find an app that shows me the channel spectrum. T-Mobile has been rolling out 10x10 in my area lately, and I'm quite curious to see that I'm actually on...