Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more
Post Reply

What different ways are there to copy folders between two different nexus 5's??

OP nldxda

30th April 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #1  
nldxda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I want to transfer two folders from my SD card download folder on my n5 to my sister's n5..

I tried turning on NFC and touching the phones, but I didn't see any way to transfer the folders.. Same for Bluetooth..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th April 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #3  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,434
 
4,909 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Upload it to an online storage (Google drive, dropbox, box, etc.) and send her a link.

Or there are probably some apps in the play store that will transfer files over WiFi.

Folders and files can't be sent with NFC. It's mainly for smaller things like photos, links and contact info.
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #4  
nldxda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim Wee Huat

Use Superbeam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

Upload it to an online storage (Google drive, dropbox, box, etc.) and send her a link.

Or there are probably some apps in the play store that will transfer files over WiFi.

Folders and files can't be sent with NFC. It's mainly for smaller things like photos, links and contact info.

Downloaded superbeam, thnx..

Also, I did show her drive, but was lookin for a way to transfer directly w/o a PC or internet involved..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th April 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #5  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,434
 
4,909 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nldxda

Downloaded superbeam, thnx..

Also, I did show her drive, but was lookin for a way to transfer directly w/o a PC or internet involved..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well good luck with that. Depending on how big the files are, you will most likely need some kind of internet. Bluetooth will be slow or have errors.
30th April 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #6  
nldxda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

Well good luck with that. Depending on how big the files are, you will most likely need some kind of internet. Bluetooth will be slow or have errors.

I just realized WiFi is needed.. Oh well, no big deal..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th April 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #7  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,434
 
4,909 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nldxda

I just realized WiFi is needed.. Oh well, no big deal..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Get an OTG cable and use a USB stick.
30th April 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #8  
nldxda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

Get an OTG cable and use a USB stick.

Lol yea I've got an otg usb drive, it slipped my mind.. I was sitting there with both phones, trying to figure out what to do

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank