5,603,646 Members 37,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to create a pure (plus N5-specific drivers) AOSP ROM from source yet?

Tip us?
 
bergqvistjl
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 50
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Is it possible to create a pure (plus N5-specific drivers) AOSP ROM from source yet?

Hi, I was wondering whether it was possible to create a pure (or as pure as one can get, if the Hardware drivers need to be included also) AOSP-based ROM from the AOSP source to run on the Nexus 5, yet?

I say "pure" because a lot of the AOSP-based ROMS i see include extra additions, which is not what i'm looking for. The Android Developer website seems to imply that it isn't possible yet, as the Nexus 5's Hardware drivers have not been released.
 
rootSU
Old
#2  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7486
Posts: 18,073
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Yes it is. There's even a guide in general to do it. How do you think the existing roms with "additions" are created?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
 
bergqvistjl
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 50
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Yes it is. There's even a guide in general to do it. How do you think the existing roms with "additions" are created?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Oh thanks. I assumed they used Android Kitchen, which disects a previously compiled ROM? Ah well.
 
bergqvistjl
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 50
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Yes it is. There's even a guide in general to do it. How do you think the existing roms with "additions" are created?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Are you able to link me to the correct thread (i'm using Ubuntu btw)? i'm wary of choosing an incorrect one. Thanks.
 
rootSU
Old
#5  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7486
Posts: 18,073
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Go to general and search "build kitkat". There's a [howto] thread. There's only one

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
 
bergqvistjl
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 50
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Go to general and search "build kitkat". There's a [howto] thread. There's only one

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=build+kitkat This one?
 
rootSU
Old
#7  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7486
Posts: 18,073
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
What was the last sentence in my previous post?



-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
 
bergqvistjl
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 50
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
What was the last sentence in my previous post?



-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
OK. That does include the Google Apps though, so that's note pure AOSP, but i'll see what I can do
 
rootSU
Old
#9  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7486
Posts: 18,073
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergqvistjl View Post
OK. That does include the Google Apps though, so that's note pure AOSP, but i'll see what I can do
You need gapps or the phone wont work properly. aosp + gapps is considered pure

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
 
bergqvistjl
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 50
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
You need gapps or the phone wont work properly. aosp + gapps is considered pure

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
By Gapps, I meant stuff like the Google Play Apps (Play Music, Play Store version of Search, play store version of Calendar, Gmail) etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more