5,603,646 Members 37,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to create a pure (plus N5-specific drivers) AOSP ROM from source yet?

Tip us?

bergqvistjl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Is it possible to create a pure (plus N5-specific drivers) AOSP ROM from source yet?

Hi, I was wondering whether it was possible to create a pure (or as pure as one can get, if the Hardware drivers need to be included also) AOSP-based ROM from the AOSP source to run on the Nexus 5, yet?

I say "pure" because a lot of the AOSP-based ROMS i see include extra additions, which is not what i'm looking for. The Android Developer website seems to imply that it isn't possible yet, as the Nexus 5's Hardware drivers have not been released.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7486
Yes it is. There's even a guide in general to do it. How do you think the existing roms with "additions" are created?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

bergqvistjl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Yes it is. There's even a guide in general to do it. How do you think the existing roms with "additions" are created?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Oh thanks. I assumed they used Android Kitchen, which disects a previously compiled ROM? Ah well.

bergqvistjl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Are you able to link me to the correct thread (i'm using Ubuntu btw)? i'm wary of choosing an incorrect one. Thanks.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7486
Go to general and search "build kitkat". There's a [howto] thread. There's only one

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

bergqvistjl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Go to general and search "build kitkat". There's a [howto] thread. There's only one

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=build+kitkat This one?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7486
What was the last sentence in my previous post?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

bergqvistjl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
What was the last sentence in my previous post?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

OK. That does include the Google Apps though, so that's note pure AOSP, but i'll see what I can do

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergqvistjl View Post
OK. That does include the Google Apps though, so that's note pure AOSP, but i'll see what I can do
You need gapps or the phone wont work properly. aosp + gapps is considered pure

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

bergqvistjl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You need gapps or the phone wont work properly. aosp + gapps is considered pure

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

By Gapps, I meant stuff like the Google Play Apps (Play Music, Play Store version of Search, play store version of Calendar, Gmail) etc.