[Q] Is it possible to disable Optical Image Stabilization?

Search This thread

ali_newyork

Sep 1, 2012
Hello,

Before I buy the Nexus 5, I would like to know whether or not it is possible to disable the Optical Image Stabilization feature?

Thanks!

Lucke

Oct 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Hello,

Before I buy the Nexus 5, I would like to know whether or not it is possible to disable the Optical Image Stabilization feature?

Thanks!
i'm not 100% positive on this, but my guess would be no. this is a hardware feature of the optics and not controlled by software (again, i could be completely wrong)

the other question is why do you want to? have you looked in the pictures thread?

ali_newyork

Sep 1, 2012
i'm not 100% positive on this, but my guess would be no. this is a hardware feature of the optics and not controlled by software (again, i could be completely wrong)

the other question is why do you want to? have you looked in the pictures thread?

That's no good news.

I was thinking about implementing a "vision based" navigation system (really just a simply algorithm).

Last edited:

HALtheWise

Aug 1, 2015
Hello,

Thanks!

In the interest of helping future google-searchers who discover this thread as I did, know that with Android L and later the camera2 api allows for this functionality.

developer.android.*com/reference/android/hardware/camera2/CaptureRequest.html#LENS_OPTICAL_STABILIZATION_MODE