Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 42,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there a way to fix the "broken " back button behavior?

Tip us?

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Default Is there a way to fix the "broken " back button behavior?

I think a lot of us have been annoyed by the broken, unpredictable behaviour of the back button, I still can't believe Google hasn't figured out something so simple, the back button should just show the previous screen you were in, so if I'm using Tapatalk and then get a message on whatsapp and I switch to that app, the logical thing for the back button to do when I press it is tale me back to Tapatalk, not take me to the chat list on whatsapp, with some apps it works as it should with others it doesn't, it's just lottery, totally unpredictable ...

Is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Zepius
Old
Thanks Meter 1,080
its not google's fault the apps are coded a certain way.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree View Post
...Is there a way to fix this?...
You could use GMD Gesture Control to create a gesture that brings you back to the previous app. It's not a quick fix, but the app is worth checking out anyway.

NEXUS 5 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree View Post
I think a lot of us have been annoyed by the broken, unpredictable behaviour of the back button, I still can't believe Google hasn't figured out something so simple, the back button should just show the previous screen you were in, so if I'm using Tapatalk and then get a message on whatsapp and I switch to that app, the logical thing for the back button to do when I press it is tale me back to Tapatalk, not take me to the chat list on whatsapp, with some apps it works as it should with others it doesn't, it's just lottery, totally unpredictable ...

Is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The stock Android UI has a multitasking key for a reason. Just use that to switch apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxpower7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]