5,600,725 Members 38,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] possible to install old maps(6.x) on Nexus5?

Tip us?

QuickHonda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] possible to install old maps(6.x) on Nexus5?

I've had zero luck installing the old maps, has anybody else even tried? I'm sure I'm out of luck and am the only person who wants it its worth a shot.

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Why do you want the old one?

sent from my hammerhead

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here

QuickHonda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I prefer it for many reasons. I can make the text bigger which is nice while driving and the zoom buttons allow me to zoom in and out while keeping my location centered. Plus the search results are slightly different. With the old one I can hold down on a spot and hit search nearby and it gives me more results. An example is a restaurant search where the new maps seems to not show some of the smaller places and focuses more on bigger well reviewed ones.

QUOTE=ldubs;48115048]Why do you want the old one?

sent from my hammerhead[/QUOTE]

Clancy_s
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I want it because with 6.x I can save up to 6 90mb (about 150 x 150 km) map tiles to use offline - which beats any improvements on offer in 7.

I had this on my list to try over Christmas though, I don't have any real world use for it until I go travelling next year.

TheAtheistOtaku
Old
Thanks Meter 284
im 80% sure the answer to this is no

Endoran
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy_s View Post
I want it because with 6.x I can save up to 6 90mb (about 150 x 150 km) map tiles to use offline - which beats any improvements on offer in 7.

I had this on my list to try over Christmas though, I don't have any real world use for it until I go travelling next year.
The current maps can do this. Just type in "OK maps" and it will save it. Unless they aren't allowing as much anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Clancy_s
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I tried it immediately after I got the N5 - the max size it would let me save was about 10k across. I haven't had much time to spend on it so I don't know if that can be fiddled with in some way but it's pretty useless for nav in rural Aus as is (data being both expensive and slow).

QuickHonda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got it installed! I used Titanium Backup to backup the old maps from my Galaxy Nexus, sent the backup to drive and then had Titanium on my new Nexus restore it.