Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Has anyone come to the N5 from an iPhone 5S?

OP Dixi1801

19th April 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 162
 
750 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
I came from a 4s to the Nexus 4 and haven't looked back, and probably won't unless Google does something terrible with Android and perhaps the next rev of Nexus.
19th April 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #12  
galaxys's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vegas & Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 630
 
8,277 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
The last person I knew with an iPhone and not a Nexus5, was trying to put their life back together!
19th April 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204
 
575 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

I'm in the same boat as you. The other day my girlfriend was like "I think instead of the iPhone 6, I want a phone like you have". I thought I had heart failure for a second I was like huh?!? She has been using apple her whole life but She said she loves the customization. She wouldn't get into flashing Roms and so on but I would set it up like my n5 is so she could customize away, and show her some.of the screens on the home screen thread because the possibilities are endless.

Sent from The Deathstar

Even slim isn't my 1st choice my wife is actually making "her own" build. She wants a "girl version"Whatever the F that means. Serious though it's a big change for most to switch os to os.Be supportive
@D.D.P. what do you think
Last edited by habitformer; 19th April 2014 at 05:30 AM.
19th April 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #14  
D.D.P.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sin City
Thanks Meter: 70
 
283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitformer

Even slim isn't my 1st choice my wife is actually making "her own" build. She wants a "girl version"Whatever the F that means. Serious though it's a big change for most to switch os to os.Be supportive
@D.D.P. what do you think

Though I loved hacking and available hacks and mods and the devs on Cydia, I'd never go iOS over android os. I have compared the two, and I can't say I'd stay if I was making this transition.
The Following User Says Thank You to D.D.P. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204
 
575 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.D.P.

Though I loved hacking and available hacks and mods and the devs on Cydia, I'd never go iOS over android os. I have compared the two, and I can't say I'd stay if I was making this transition.

In the "smart"phone era I went BlackBerry (which at the time of the middle 2000's was great for my business a d employees) to windows(palm) to apple 3g/s to the tilt( android) I found windows to iOS was harder than iOS to Android..
The Following User Says Thank You to habitformer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #16  
D.D.P.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sin City
Thanks Meter: 70
 
283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitformer

In the "smart"phone era I went BlackBerry (which at the time of the middle 2000's was great for my business a d employees) to windows(palm) to apple 3g/s to the tilt( android) I found windows to iOS was harder than iOS to Android..

Right, but android is a win for UI, for easy "noob"-friendly modding, and BB is always good for business. IOS is simply a popularity ploy and does nothing for me professionally or personally. I can hack and mod android to become the work I don't want to do. Its easy for anyone. Plain and simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to D.D.P. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 328
 
1,283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Nexus 5 is more for like the Android geeks who love to flash roms and kernals and isn't afraid of anything

If you like the user experience with an iPhone I would recommend you the HTC One
its got the same build has the iPhone 5s and has amazing sound and a amazing microphone

Sound wise it literally blows the iPhone 5S and Nexus 5

I have a iPhone 5s and a Nexus 5 and the HTC One and a Galaxy Note 2 (I got alot of phones)

I love the HTC one and the Note 2 and Nexus 5

iPhone isn't just my thing, if i do go to like a party of whatever I carry both the HTC and iPhone for picture quality.
21st April 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204
 
575 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.D.P.

Right, but android is a win for UI, for easy "noob"-friendly modding, and BB is always good for business. IOS is simply a popularity ploy and does nothing for me professionally or personally. I can hack and mod android to become the work I don't want to do. Its easy for anyone. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

Nexus 5 is more for like the Android geeks who love to flash roms and kernals and isn't afraid of anything

If you like the user experience with an iPhone I would recommend you the HTC One
its got the same build has the iPhone 5s and has amazing sound and a amazing microphone

Sound wise it literally blows the iPhone 5S and Nexus 5

I have a iPhone 5s and a Nexus 5 and the HTC One and a Galaxy Note 2 (I got alot of phones)

I love the HTC one and the Note 2 and Nexus 5

iPhone isn't just my thing, if i do go to like a party of whatever I carry both the HTC and iPhone for picture quality.

Agreed.lots of logic between these two posts.
My note 2 is a mistake.I for it while had galaxy nexus,hoping to make me switch from nexus.I didn't work a d my note two became a spare back up for my Gnexus..I waited the 2 years for it to come.couldn't be happier. I really think apple owners have issues with "keeping up with friend's and there iphones or I pads....Me I want to not just own my device.Freely from carriers and OEM crap.
21st April 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #19  
wedgess's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Dublin, Ireland
Thanks Meter: 13,600
 
2,844 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
This thread went a bit off topic, please keep to the original discussion in the thread title.

Thanks
Thread cleaned

The Following User Says Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes