Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 43,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone come to the N5 from an iPhone 5S?

Tip us?

goofball2k
Old
Thanks Meter 159
I came from a 4s to the Nexus 4 and haven't looked back, and probably won't unless Google does something terrible with Android and perhaps the next rev of Nexus.

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 555
The last person I knew with an iPhone and not a Nexus5, was trying to put their life back together!
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!

habitformer
Old
(Last edited by habitformer; 19th April 2014 at 04:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. The other day my girlfriend was like "I think instead of the iPhone 6, I want a phone like you have". I thought I had heart failure for a second I was like huh?!? She has been using apple her whole life but She said she loves the customization. She wouldn't get into flashing Roms and so on but I would set it up like my n5 is so she could customize away, and show her some.of the screens on the home screen thread because the possibilities are endless.

Sent from The Deathstar
Even slim isn't my 1st choice my wife is actually making "her own" build. She wants a "girl version"Whatever the F that means. Serious though it's a big change for most to switch os to os.Be supportive
@D.D.P. what do you think

D.D.P.
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitformer View Post
Even slim isn't my 1st choice my wife is actually making "her own" build. She wants a "girl version"Whatever the F that means. Serious though it's a big change for most to switch os to os.Be supportive
@D.D.P. what do you think
Though I loved hacking and available hacks and mods and the devs on Cydia, I'd never go iOS over android os. I have compared the two, and I can't say I'd stay if I was making this transition.

Sexus5-CM11+ROM-EX~Kernel ModdedH.W.D.D.P.

Don't hesitate to hit the Thanks link .
The Following User Says Thank You to D.D.P. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

habitformer
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.D.P. View Post
Though I loved hacking and available hacks and mods and the devs on Cydia, I'd never go iOS over android os. I have compared the two, and I can't say I'd stay if I was making this transition.
In the "smart"phone era I went BlackBerry (which at the time of the middle 2000's was great for my business a d employees) to windows(palm) to apple 3g/s to the tilt( android) I found windows to iOS was harder than iOS to Android..
The Following User Says Thank You to habitformer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D.D.P.
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitformer View Post
In the "smart"phone era I went BlackBerry (which at the time of the middle 2000's was great for my business a d employees) to windows(palm) to apple 3g/s to the tilt( android) I found windows to iOS was harder than iOS to Android..
Right, but android is a win for UI, for easy "noob"-friendly modding, and BB is always good for business. IOS is simply a popularity ploy and does nothing for me professionally or personally. I can hack and mod android to become the work I don't want to do. Its easy for anyone. Plain and simple.

Sexus5-CM11+ROM-EX~Kernel ModdedH.W.D.D.P.

Don't hesitate to hit the Thanks link .
The Following User Says Thank You to D.D.P. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Nexus 5 is more for like the Android geeks who love to flash roms and kernals and isn't afraid of anything

If you like the user experience with an iPhone I would recommend you the HTC One
its got the same build has the iPhone 5s and has amazing sound and a amazing microphone

Sound wise it literally blows the iPhone 5S and Nexus 5

I have a iPhone 5s and a Nexus 5 and the HTC One and a Galaxy Note 2 (I got alot of phones)

I love the HTC one and the Note 2 and Nexus 5

iPhone isn't just my thing, if i do go to like a party of whatever I carry both the HTC and iPhone for picture quality.
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

habitformer
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.D.P. View Post
Right, but android is a win for UI, for easy "noob"-friendly modding, and BB is always good for business. IOS is simply a popularity ploy and does nothing for me professionally or personally. I can hack and mod android to become the work I don't want to do. Its easy for anyone. Plain and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
Nexus 5 is more for like the Android geeks who love to flash roms and kernals and isn't afraid of anything

If you like the user experience with an iPhone I would recommend you the HTC One
its got the same build has the iPhone 5s and has amazing sound and a amazing microphone

Sound wise it literally blows the iPhone 5S and Nexus 5

I have a iPhone 5s and a Nexus 5 and the HTC One and a Galaxy Note 2 (I got alot of phones)

I love the HTC one and the Note 2 and Nexus 5

iPhone isn't just my thing, if i do go to like a party of whatever I carry both the HTC and iPhone for picture quality.
Agreed.lots of logic between these two posts.
My note 2 is a mistake.I for it while had galaxy nexus,hoping to make me switch from nexus.I didn't work a d my note two became a spare back up for my Gnexus..I waited the 2 years for it to come.couldn't be happier. I really think apple owners have issues with "keeping up with friend's and there iphones or I pads....Me I want to not just own my device.Freely from carriers and OEM crap.

wedgess
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13,379

DONATE TO ME
This thread went a bit off topic, please keep to the original discussion in the thread title.

Thanks
Thread cleaned
-wedgess
Forum Moderator

The Following User Says Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]