Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anyway to prevent an app from showing up in Google Play with updates? Youtube related

OP tracerit

24th April 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 36

799 posts
More
The most recent Youtube update messed things up again, the Watch Later list is now in reverse order showing oldest added video on top and when you remove a video from the very bottom it'll jump back up to the top so you'll have to scroll all the way down again.

I want to set it up so that it won't remind me that there's an update for youtube. Don't confuse this with auto updating as that's turned off. I just don't want it to show up in Google Play with an update.
24th April 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,819

27,394 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit

The most recent Youtube update messed things up again, the Watch Later list is now in reverse order showing oldest added video on top and when you remove a video from the very bottom it'll jump back up to the top so you'll have to scroll all the way down again.

I want to set it up so that it won't remind me that there's an update for youtube. Don't confuse this with auto updating as that's turned off. I just don't want it to show up in Google Play with an update.

do you have root?
if you have root, you can use titanium backup. it has a feature that can break play store links to any app, so you can make it that youtube will never see a play store update.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 341

753 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

do you have root?
if you have root, you can use titanium backup. it has a feature that can break play store links to any app, so you can make it that youtube will never see a play store update.

Do you know if that TiBu feature will allow me to turn on auto update and still keep the "detached" apps from being updated? The only reason I turned off auto update was for three apps that I just detached using TiBu.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
24th April 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,819

27,394 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy

Do you know if that TiBu feature will allow me to turn on auto update and still keep the "detached" apps from being updated? The only reason I turned off auto update was for three apps that I just detached using TiBu.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

yea, if you disconnect the apps from the market, youll never get a notification for that app to get updated, nor will it update itself. the market wont know that you have it installed and that it needs an update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread