Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyway to prevent an app from showing up in Google Play with updates? Youtube related

Tip us?

tracerit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Anyway to prevent an app from showing up in Google Play with updates? Youtube related

The most recent Youtube update messed things up again, the Watch Later list is now in reverse order showing oldest added video on top and when you remove a video from the very bottom it'll jump back up to the top so you'll have to scroll all the way down again.

I want to set it up so that it won't remind me that there's an update for youtube. Don't confuse this with auto updating as that's turned off. I just don't want it to show up in Google Play with an update.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20642
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
The most recent Youtube update messed things up again, the Watch Later list is now in reverse order showing oldest added video on top and when you remove a video from the very bottom it'll jump back up to the top so you'll have to scroll all the way down again.

I want to set it up so that it won't remind me that there's an update for youtube. Don't confuse this with auto updating as that's turned off. I just don't want it to show up in Google Play with an update.
do you have root?
if you have root, you can use titanium backup. it has a feature that can break play store links to any app, so you can make it that youtube will never see a play store update.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
do you have root?
if you have root, you can use titanium backup. it has a feature that can break play store links to any app, so you can make it that youtube will never see a play store update.
Do you know if that TiBu feature will allow me to turn on auto update and still keep the "detached" apps from being updated? The only reason I turned off auto update was for three apps that I just detached using TiBu.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Google Nexus 5 & 10: [4.4.4] rooted Stock, Franco kernel (on N5, on N10), TWRP, Xposed, GravityBox, SuperSU Pro and ViPER4Android Audio Effects FX

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20642
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy View Post
Do you know if that TiBu feature will allow me to turn on auto update and still keep the "detached" apps from being updated? The only reason I turned off auto update was for three apps that I just detached using TiBu.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
yea, if you disconnect the apps from the market, youll never get a notification for that app to get updated, nor will it update itself. the market wont know that you have it installed and that it needs an update.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]