XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Back to stock from custom kernel?

Tip us?

micens
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
if you erase your kernel, you will have a non functional electronic device. you will either have to flash a different kernel, or reflash your rom.
Yes I know this... When erase kernel with "fastboot erase boot" and then flash another kernel that`s it? No data from other kernel like changed ramdisk leave somewhere? That part of this I do not understand about changed ramdisk and other binaries from some kind of custom kernel.

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by micens View Post
Yes I know this... When erase kernel with "fastboot erase boot" and then flash another kernel that`s it? No data from other kernel like changed ramdisk leave somewhere? That part of this I do not understand about changed ramdisk and other binaries from some kind of custom kernel.
Just flash another kernel. You can flash kernels over each other with no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18127
Quote:
Originally Posted by micens View Post
you can do that if you like.
anyways, if a kernel has its own ramdisk, and not an anykernel, then the ramdisk will get replaced every time you flash a kernel. if you are flashing an anykernel, then its best to either reflash your rom first or the roms kernel(stock kernel if stock rom). you can do it your way too, erase than flash
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micens
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
That` s what interested me

Thank you very much