Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can i transfer system storage to data storage?

Tip us?

GokberkTunc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Can i transfer system storage to data storage?

Hi evereybody, i have nexus 5 16gb and i wonder this: i use cm 11 rom on my n5 and i edit ( erasing some unnecessary system apps for example talkback.apk etc ) before flashing the zip. And after flashing when i checked system storage on root explorer, i see there is some free space ( 600mb). can i use that free space for installing app or for storage?

Sorry for my english.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1933

DONATE TO ME
Yes, you can use that space to install apps. Just put the apk file in /system/app/ or /system/priv-app/.. Fix permissions and reboot!

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GokberkTunc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Yes, you can use that space to install apps. Just put the apk file in /system/app/ or /system/priv-app/.. Fix permissions and reboot!

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
Thanx for your answer and yes i already knew that, but i want something like partitioning. I can't explain that well, i think.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by GokberkTunc View Post
Thanx for your answer and yes i already knew that, but i want something like partitioning. I can't explain that well, i think.
You can't realistically change the partition sizes. In theory yes, but it's way beyond anything I'd attempt.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10063
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
You can't realistically change the partition sizes. In theory yes, but it's way beyond anything I'd attempt.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Well if it's the same as older HTC devices / older Nexus devices, we'd need a hacked bootloader first and I haven't seen one of those for a couple of years.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]