Plug My Nexus 5 was fine last night, now it's agonizing...

OP zabeckster

4th June 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
UPDATE!!! New better quality photos!
Notice that I also did a side-by-side comparison between the small spot when the phone is off and when it's on, though the screen is off, the spot still remains as a physical mark. Signs of a burn maybe? Sometimes the white spot remained lit even when the phone was locked, but it all happens very random...In my opinion, the most useful advice we could get is have somebody tell us what exact partof the phone lies beneath that particular place... I am going to call my provider and RMA it tomorrow, if you guys don't have any idea on how to fix it!

Okay, first of all I would like to say hello to all of you. Unfortunately, this isn't the best day for me, because something really really bad happened with my Nexus 5 last night, and I don't know why. Last night at about 1:30 am I was using my phone, it was working perfectly as always, then I went to sleep and connected my charger (the original one). I woke up this morning, and to my huge amazement, a portion of the screen was glowing brightly white, even though my screen was locked and so on. I unlocked the phone, and bam...the hell went loose. My screen had these mixed colors, along with lots of stripes of different colours and I couldn't even swipe the screen for the first time. At this point, I knew that something really bad had happened to my phone. Then, I accidentally touched that portion of the phone (the bottom left corner, just to the left of the notification LED) and it was so hot, I had to take away my finger. I am very very worried and I don't know what caused this problem. I cannot use the phone anymore, sometimes the touchscreen works, sometimes it doesnt, and the warmth of that portion becomes so intense after a few minutes of the screen being turned on, that I can literally smell something hot coming from there...
I would really, really like to know if you guys know what could cause this disaster, and if there's any other solution than RMA (phone was bought in mid-april this year ).
Thanks a lot and please excuse me for bringing this topic into discussion...

I've attached a picture so you guys can see better what I am talking about.

Notice the stripes on the screen, I've marked them. Those were NOT part of the wallpaper, as instead they were abnormal.
The spot on the bottom left corner (right, in this picture) remains bright even if I lock the phone, and if I let the screen on for a minute, when I touch that spot, it feels very very hot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	desc?rcare.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	2779897   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0348.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	2780206   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0349.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	2780207   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0351.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	2780208   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	2780209  
Last edited by zabeckster; 4th June 2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: New photos!
4th June 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 135

394 posts
Are you rooted? Custom ROM/kernel? Undervolt/overvolt? Did you use correct charger?

I'm sorry, I won't be much help, but the more info you provide the more chance our friends here at XDA can help ☺
4th June 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtyyyyyy

Are you rooted? Custom ROM/kernel? Undervolt/overvolt? Did you use correct charger?

I'm sorry, I won't be much help, but the more info you provide the more chance our friends here at XDA can help ☺

Hello! No, I am not rooted, I am not using any custom kernel/build whatsoever. I'm always using the original charger for my phones, no matter what. It's the original unmodified Google Android and the original charger.
4th June 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 800

1,477 posts
Donate to Me
Very strange. I would contact Google and explain the situation.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
bump
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread