Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Translating a Nexus 5's rom

Tip us?

AnaIysiS
Old
(Last edited by AnaIysiS; 13th June 2014 at 11:49 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Translating a Nexus 5's rom

i want to translate Mahdi ROM to my language i've already contacted the dev and he said it's ok when you finish send me the translations
some of the rom is already translated because it's based CM, but the features the dev has added aren't translated.
My question is how do I translate them? (most of the things that aren't translated are in the Settings app)

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10064
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaIysiS View Post
i want to translate Mahdi ROM to my language i've already contacted the dev and he said it's ok when you finish send me the translations
some of the rom is already translated because it's based CM, but the features the dev has added aren't translated.
My question is how do I translate them? (most of the things that aren't translated are in the Settings app)

In the source code, go to packages/apps/settings/res/

You will see all "values-" folders. In here are all the languages. Find the language you want and have a look in the xml files. Each string will have an id. You'll get the idea..
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.