Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] when trying to backup through TWRP my data size is 4.5G !!!! how could it be

Tip us?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivonche View Post
on that you need to add the /system which is 1G itself so it is still close to 4 giga total
You must have a ton of apps, games and data. My nandroids are about 2.4 g total

Sent from my Nexus 5

theesotericone
Old
Thanks Meter 308
My CWM backups are just south of 1 gig. Granted I don't have a lot of large apps like games on there. With CWM I just mount OTG via recovery(actually it self mounts) and backup to my Meenova card reader. Its got a 64GB micro sdcard in it so space isn't a concern. It might be an option for you. You can also just use a cheap USB to Micro USB cable and a spare memory stick that most people have laying around these days.

MartinMo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You can do fine grained backups via Titanium backup if you don't want backups of the whole system. Otherwise just plugin an external USB stick and save your backup there. You just have to mount it. I've got enough space on my external sd in my galaxy note 2 so I never tried but I just had a look in TWRP and I saw that I just have to select the destination for the backup on the otg device so I think it would solve your problems and you should just try it. Hope this can help you. best regards Martin

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

dethrat
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivonche View Post
it seems that you are not correct
i cheack my /data folder size using root explorer and its 8.45G that means WTRP backing up only some folders inside /data
anyone knows what are those folders?
Please tell me you haven't been dumb enough to check the properties of /data

/data/media/0 is a mount point of the SD card partition 8.45GB is what everything on your phone is minus /system

And no sdcard by default doesn't get backed up in twrp when you back up /data that mount point will be empty.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Tags
backup, data, large, twrp