Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[Q] when trying to backup through TWRP my data size is 4.5G !!!! how could it be

22nd February 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,391

9,925 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivonche

on that you need to add the /system which is 1G itself so it is still close to 4 giga total

You must have a ton of apps, games and data. My nandroids are about 2.4 g total

Sent from my Nexus 5
22nd February 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 309

595 posts
My CWM backups are just south of 1 gig. Granted I don't have a lot of large apps like games on there. With CWM I just mount OTG via recovery(actually it self mounts) and backup to my Meenova card reader. Its got a 64GB micro sdcard in it so space isn't a concern. It might be an option for you. You can also just use a cheap USB to Micro USB cable and a spare memory stick that most people have laying around these days.
23rd February 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
You can do fine grained backups via Titanium backup if you don't want backups of the whole system. Otherwise just plugin an external USB stick and save your backup there. You just have to mount it. I've got enough space on my external sd in my galaxy note 2 so I never tried but I just had a look in TWRP and I saw that I just have to select the destination for the backup on the otg device so I think it would solve your problems and you should just try it. Hope this can help you. best regards Martin

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk
24th February 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 93

363 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivonche

it seems that you are not correct
i cheack my /data folder size using root explorer and its 8.45G that means WTRP backing up only some folders inside /data
anyone knows what are those folders?

Please tell me you haven't been dumb enough to check the properties of /data

/data/media/0 is a mount point of the SD card partition 8.45GB is what everything on your phone is minus /system

And no sdcard by default doesn't get backed up in twrp when you back up /data that mount point will be empty.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, data, large, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread