XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to join Sprint as a new customer CONFUSION everywhere! Lol

Tip us?

MrObvious
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Would they have to add the MEID for 1x/EVDO or all Nexus 5s in their database already? A prepaid option like Ting may be a good way to go but if you could figure it out how to flash to Page Plus that would be cool too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
I was wondering that myself. If T-Mobile has good 3/4g in your area it will be a great experience on this phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

chasew83
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand76 View Post
Call Sprint store. Tell me they can't activate a new phone I have to purchase from them. Tell them the phone is unlocked and works on Sprint they said they don't know how to do it.

Call second Sprint store ask for the IMEI number and tell me they can't find a record for it, cant activate it, they are busy sorry goodbye.

Call Corporate office tell me yes I can activate it but this phone does not qualify for a month to month service and even though it's unlocked I will be locked into a 2 year contract as a new customer.

Does that sound right? I only have 14 days to decide if I want to stick with the service? How could I be hit with a penalty for leaving if they have given me nothing up front?
none of that is correct. i assume you have a 32gig model. you must remove the last number from the imei and the system will recognize it. you can go on the new month to month framily plan since you are bringing your own device. bringing your own device is the same as purchasing one through the new easy pay program (where you have no contract, just obligated to pay phone off).

david279
Old
Thanks Meter 1430

DONATE TO ME
Hey and you can join my framily while your at it. Your bill would be $40 a or lower at the base. PM me for details. 😀

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

------------------------

My G+ Profile

BB PIN: 79807B1C

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand76 View Post
Call second Sprint store ask for the IMEI number and tell me they can't find a record for it, cant activate it, they are busy sorry goodbye.
You didn't buy your N5 from T-mo by any chance, did you? There have been issues with activating N5 purchased from T-mo, onto Sprint because Sprint didn't have those IMEIs loaded into their system (phones purchased from google had that issue for the first few days after launch, but it was quickly addressed. But phones purchased from T-mo reportedly still have the issue)