Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Trying to join Sprint as a new customer CONFUSION everywhere! Lol

OP Hand76

5th February 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #11  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 280

2,027 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious

Would they have to add the MEID for 1x/EVDO or all Nexus 5s in their database already? A prepaid option like Ting may be a good way to go but if you could figure it out how to flash to Page Plus that would be cool too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

I was wondering that myself. If T-Mobile has good 3/4g in your area it will be a great experience on this phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
5th February 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #12  
Flag Tampa Bay, FL
Thanks Meter: 155

689 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand76

Call Sprint store. Tell me they can't activate a new phone I have to purchase from them. Tell them the phone is unlocked and works on Sprint they said they don't know how to do it.

Call second Sprint store ask for the IMEI number and tell me they can't find a record for it, cant activate it, they are busy sorry goodbye.

Call Corporate office tell me yes I can activate it but this phone does not qualify for a month to month service and even though it's unlocked I will be locked into a 2 year contract as a new customer.

Does that sound right? I only have 14 days to decide if I want to stick with the service? How could I be hit with a penalty for leaving if they have given me nothing up front?

none of that is correct. i assume you have a 32gig model. you must remove the last number from the imei and the system will recognize it. you can go on the new month to month framily plan since you are bringing your own device. bringing your own device is the same as purchasing one through the new easy pay program (where you have no contract, just obligated to pay phone off).
5th February 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #13  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 1,720

5,363 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey and you can join my framily while your at it. Your bill would be $40 a or lower at the base. PM me for details. 😀

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
5th February 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 203

788 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand76

Call second Sprint store ask for the IMEI number and tell me they can't find a record for it, cant activate it, they are busy sorry goodbye.

You didn't buy your N5 from T-mo by any chance, did you? There have been issues with activating N5 purchased from T-mo, onto Sprint because Sprint didn't have those IMEIs loaded into their system (phones purchased from google had that issue for the first few days after launch, but it was quickly addressed. But phones purchased from T-mo reportedly still have the issue)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread