Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,728 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to play Mario Kart 7 online

Tip us?

sonshadsil94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Trying to play Mario Kart 7 online

I searched the forums and found nothing, but if there is already a thread for this please post a link to it. I was attempting to play Mario Kart 7 online, and kept coming up with error messages. I looked online and found that I was supposed to activate something called DMZ and add my 3ds's IP address. However, I use my phone (Nexus 5 on Sprint) as a hotspot for my 3DS, and I can't access the router settings by entering my IP address; I get a message like "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to bla.bla.bla.bla" is there any way I can make this work? I'll provide any more information if it's needed.

sonshadsil94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I just thought I would mention that I'm running Cyanogenmod 11 snapshot M5.

l8r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'd like to do that too, but it sounds like its not doable on your phone for now. Does anyone else know?

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
(Last edited by GUGUITOMTG4; 7th June 2014 at 01:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshadsil94 View Post
I searched the forums and found nothing, but if there is already a thread for this please post a link to it. I was attempting to play Mario Kart 7 online, and kept coming up with error messages. I looked online and found that I was supposed to activate something called DMZ and add my 3ds's IP address. However, I use my phone (Nexus 5 on Sprint) as a hotspot for my 3DS, and I can't access the router settings by entering my IP address; I get a message like "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to bla.bla.bla.bla" is there any way I can make this work? I'll provide any more information if it's needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8r View Post
I'd like to do that too, but it sounds like its not doable on your phone for now. Does anyone else know?
It's browser related.
To try, I installed AOSP brrowser and checked "install CM browser" during installation.
Then, I was able to view/login to my router config page
did not work with
Opera mini,
Chrome
Puffin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshadsil94 View Post
Of course you can't access your "router settings", the Nexus 5 isn't a router..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.
Tags
dmz, mario kart, nexus 5, tethering, wifi